Monday 26 June 2017

My longest (Soft) DRY FAST experience - day by day


Thursday June 22nd, 2017 - 7:00PM
Starting my (Soft) Dry Fast – I had my last Pudding and then went to bed watching TV to distract my mind.


Friday June 23rd, 2017 – 10:12AM - DAY #1
I feel ok at the moment, I’m not thirsty neither have headache, odd. Since I came in the office (around 8:30AM), I went to the washroom only once (not BM though).
My mouth does not feel dry fortunately. I did have a small BM this morning as soon as I woke up, but I can tell that the Dry Fast is constipating me.
I decided not to see my man tonight and going to my parents for the extended weekend, I don’t want anything to jeopardize my fast.


Friday June 23rd, 2017 – 11:00AM
16hrs into my Soft Dry Fast – I feel my hands skin a bit dry, I’ll use some hand cream for it. I’m not really thirsty but I feel a bit hungry, desiring something fresh and cool to eat, like a fresh sweet pudding, but also with some sort of fats in it. For sure I would not eat anything dry at the moment; most probably a sign that my body is asking me for liquid and hydration, and eating something dry will worsen the situation.
Friday June 23rd, 2017 – 12:40PM
My headache is starting; I’m not thirsty yet but I feel an awful taste in my mouth. I’m going for a walk during my lunch break to get some fresh air.
I feel often mucus coming back into my mouth, I hope is a good thing, that my body is getting rid of some bad toxins.


Friday June 23rd, 2017 – 1:40PM
My headache is definitely coming, not crazy strong but I can definitely feel it right now. I want to bring forward this Dry Fast as much as I can this time.
I’m not hungry at the moment, but I feel a bit sleepy, I guess is part of the detox symptoms. I’m having issues on focusing on the screen today, not sure if it’s because my eyes are tired due to the Fast or it’s just because of the long hours in front of the computer.
I really want to succeed this time with my Fasting, everyone is looking at me and recognizing that I gained so much weight, I don’t feel comfortable with myself and nothing is fitting me anymore.


Friday June 23rd, 2017 – 4:20PM
I have headache, I feel the pain in the top front part of my forehead. I don’t feel any hunger so far but this headache is annoying.
I don’t feel to use the washroom at all; I think I went to pee only 3 times in the whole day today, since I came into the office. I guess it’s normal since I’m not drinking water.  This is the “good” part of dry fasting vs water fasting – less trips to the bathroom!
My body feels a bit slower now, but I have good concentration, I’m able to work very well without issues. I want to go to bed early tonight though, a feel a bit tired on my body.
Saturday June 24th, 2017 – 9:00AM - DAY #2
38hrs in my Soft Dry Fast, the headache is gone and I don’t have any food temptation, I’m not thirsty neither hungry. Maybe just a slightly pain on my temples, but not thirsty and my mouth is not dry.
Saturday June 24th, 2017 – 2:30PM
I helped my parents to set up everything for their lunch and put all the take-out Chinese food bought on the dining table; now my stomach is growling a bit. I think the growling started once I smelled the food, so strong and delicious (although most likely full of MSG).
My headache is like 95% gone, I don’t feel very energetic at the moment; I still think about the desire of eating chocolate candy bars, like my favourite OH-Henry! Reese or the yellow m&m’s. I was looking at the candy bars in the various stores we went today and I was thinking on how much I would like to live eating only those things, and when and if I will eat it again.
I’m not sure if my kidneys are properly filtering though, my pee is strangely very clear, even though I’m not drinking any water or any sort of liquid.


Sunday June 25th, 2017 – 9:15AM - DAY #3
62hrs into my Soft Dry Fast – I don’t have headache today but I had to do my hair dye and now I can feel the toxins coming into my body. I feel my heart rate increased, my hands are like shaken and I can almost feel the toxins into my throat. I don’t feel hungry or thirsty though.
Sunday June 25th, 2017 – 6:30PM
I had a warm bubble bath this afternoon; I was in the water around 15 minutes I think. After the bath and the shower I went to pee at least 2/3 times, that’s a proof that my body was absorbing some of the water through my skin. I checked my Ketosis and is moderate with 40mg/dL.
While I was drying my hair I felt my arm tired and weak, the hairdryer felt very heavy. I fell asleep very early, maybe around 8:30PM but I woke up in the middle of the night, around 3:30AM/4:00AM for like 30/40 minutes, then fell asleep again.
Monday June 26th, 2017 – 9:20AM - DAY #4
86hrs into my Soft Dry Fast – I had moderate to high Ketosis this morning at ~60mg/dL, my weight is 64.4Kg (still so high I want to cry!). I can see the fat on my body going away differently when I’m in ketosis; my belly is way lower now. I feel sort of the ketosis-burning-fat cold sensation but if I touch my skin is kind of warmer than usual.
My arms felt very weak this morning and I didn’t feel walking to come to work really. But after walking for about 5 minutes I felt way better and I walked to work without any issue. I think I need to move the lymph’s thing in my body to put in circle the ketones. I am not sure though.
This morning I felt I was supposed to have a BM, but it didn’t happen – when I will re-hydrate the first thing I’ll do will be an enema for sure; I still have some left over food in my colon, but dry fasting does not help at all.
My pee looks darker now, I believe now my kidneys are filtering better than before. My mouth is not dry but I feel it like I didn’t wash my teeth since days, which is not the case since I’m keeping a normal oral hygiene daily. This morning I noticed that as soon as I put on my concealer on my face I had the same sensations I had with my hair dye, feeling a bit shaky and my heartrate increased. It didn’t last more than 5 minutes though. I don’t feel hungry but I’m starting to feel thirsty, not sure if it’s the real thirst but my mouth is different now, so I will assume is due to the thirst; I may do some water pulling just to clean up my mouth, without actually ingesting the water.
I have my left eyelid twitching this morning, I have definitely a vitamins/minerals depletion right now…not to mention everything else; but I want to continue this Dry Fast as much as I can, I still have lots of fat on me that can be used to keep going so I’m aiming for a 7 days Soft Dry Fast – plus since it’s a “SoftDry Fast my body is getting somehow some water anyway, the Hard one would be more dangerous if longer I guess.
Monday June 26th, 2017 – 10:20AM
My stomach is growling at the moment, I don’t feel thirsty I think, but I would eat something, or maybe not. Sometimes I’m confused about the signals my body is sending me; since I’m into Ketosis I should not feel any craving or hunger, which I don’t think I feel anyway – but I would definitely love to drink some water. It’s really true that Fastingapart of all the health benefits – let you appreciate small things of life: like a glass of fresh water. But I’m just on Day #3 basically and I cannot give up yet, overall I feel ok, people think they might die without eating or drinking but I’m the proof that it’s not true, I feel normal, sure I feel a bit thirsty in my mouth but I’m not dying for water or not able to function properly.
Yesterday evening I was watching  a video of a guy that did a 7 days Hard Dry Fast (awesome results) and he was mentioning that if you can do a 3/4/5 days Dry Fast then you don’t have any addiction, you can say no to any type of drink or food for good. It’s true sometimes is just in my head my sugar addiction.


Monday June 26th, 2017 – 2:00PM
I'm still feeling my mouth like I have a crocodile in it. I can tell I'm not eating much by the fact that I cannot open it too much without hurting my sides. I have a slightly white-coated tongue, not its usual detoxing-white colour but I believe I should see it changing in the next couple of days if I continue my Dry Fast. Usually I see a white-coated tongue around Day #7 on a Water Fast.
I feel the urge to pee more often now, although I don't actually need to go but I'm now wondering if it could be a sort of UTI or my Candida, since I think I have some vaginal discharge. Hopefully is just my body getting rid of parasites or toxins in its own way. So far I'm not hungry at all, but maybe I'm a bit thirsty or better: my mouth feels dry hence the desire to drink something to relief this ugly mouth sensation.
I have an episode of anxiety or heavy breathing symptoms now, it lasted just few seconds but it's odd since I usually don't have anxiety while I'm fasting.


Monday June 26th, 2017 – 4:40PM
I'm 93hrs into my Soft Dry Fast, almost 4 days with no food and no water (if not the one absorbed by my skin). I'm having lots of vaginal discharges today with a light sense of UTI, not sure if I'm diagnosing it properly though. I hope is some sort of bacteria die off and not the opposite!
I'm not hungry, not thirsty, only a bad feeling in my mouth, but still lots of saliva. I don't feel weak at the moment and I had the urge to urinate 3/4 times today - although it was very little. I feel I need to have a BM but I'm too dry to have it by myself, now I'm seriously thinking to do an enema once home after work. The reason is because, as always, I'm never comfortable knowing that some old stool is sitting in my colon for prolonged period of time, especially now that I want to keep this Dry Fast going as much as I can.
I read some blogs/websites were people talking about Dry Fasting for few hours like it was the end of the world! Maybe if you're really toxic, eating terrible food for years, then I can see some detoxing side effects in the first couple of days, but really it is nothing, apart from headaches I didn't feel anything and till last weekend I was stuffing myself with candy bars and McDonalds English Muffins.


Tuesday June 27th, 2017 – 7:00AM - DAY #5
I'm into my Day #5 of this Dry Fast, this morning I felt I had to do a BM, but I couldn't do without an enema, so I got my new kit and manage to do it. After the first movement I felt a pain in my tummy and then I had another rather painful BM, but I definitely felt better after.
I did a sort of experiment this morning, I checked my weight before and after the shower - but it was exactly the same so I guess it did not absorbed any relevant amount of water.
Once I left the apartment I thought I couldn't walk to work this time either, but strangely my energy level was great, my Ketosis is very high today, I can see my belly going really down. You want to be in a good Ketogenic state to lose fat trust me!
My weight this morning is 63.4Kg, I lost 1Kg since yesterday. My mouth feels gross but I don't feel hungry nor thirsty.


Tuesday June 27th, 2017 – 1:30PM
I went for a walk during my lunch break, my energy levels are very high and I'm happy for that, I'm sure is thank to my Ketosis.
I feel a strange feeling when I urinate, not sure if it's an UTI or something else, I do have still some vaginal discharges though, so it might be the Candida. Hopefully is starving and not feeding with my ketones!
I don't feel thirsty nor hungry, actually I definitely don't feel hungry but my mouth is as usual terrible and I would love to drink something fresh to change this bad taste in my mouth. My tongue is white-ish coated at the moment, not as my usual detoxing episodes on Water Fast Day #7 or so, but still white.
I bought a can of pure Coconut Water during my lunch break, I'm thinking on breaking my Dry Fast with some fresh Coconut Water, they say hydrates better than Spring water, but I may also decide to do the bubble drink with Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda, to help my kidneys with the acidity built in these days of Dry Fast. I'll decide later, depending on how I feel really.


Wednesday June 28th, 2017 – 9:15AM - DAY #6
I'm into the Dry Fast Day #6 with 135hrs of no food no water. So far so good, I registered a good loss this morning, I'm now 62.2Kg, lost something like 2lb in one day, but I did have a good BM yesterday so got rid of some waste from my colon
My energy levels are great, walking doesn't feel so hard like with a Water Fast, I didn't check my Ketosis this morning but I'm sure I'm still burning fat, my belly is going down - I still have a long journey of weight loss in front of me but I need to have patience.
I don't feel the "need" to break my Dry Fast but I really would like to drink some water, or something fresh - I would like to have the mix of baking soda - apple cider vinegar though, it would definitely benefit my kidney - but I don't have any in my office, so I'm not sure if I'll buy the ingredients or I'll just drink water slowly - or continue my Dry Fast till I'm home.
Yesterday I was watching videos of people breaking their Fast - ok everyone is different I get it, but seriously crying for a sip of water? After just 4/5 days?
I've been through different fasts and trust me is not a big deal, after 24 days food tasted the same, water tasted the same and I'm pretty sure when I'll break my Dry Fast after these 6 days I won't cry of joy or feeling different with water. I say like the Snake Diet guy: don't be a bunch of pussies!


Wednesday June 28th, 2017 – 10:30AM
Ok, so I broke my Dry Fast after 5.5 days of no food no water as 136 hours of fasting. I went downstairs and bought a couple of cans of Pure Organic Coconut Water, no I did not cry drinking it, but it was deliciously sweet. I had a full can so far and going now for the second one, I had a sip of Spring Water as well but the Coconut Water is definitely more appealing.
With the first sip I felt the cool liquid going down my throat, but that's it, for the rest is like I never fasted, normal drinking.
I did have some sort of stomach uncomfortable feeling here and there while drinking, but really like 1 second each so no big deal, I feel perfectly fine, thirsty of more Coconut Water for sure!


I hope my (Soft) Dry Fast experience can be helpful to whom would like to begin this amazing journey, nothing to fear - listen to your body, heal yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment