Wednesday 10 September 2014

2 weeks with Dr. Bernstein Diet Plan

It's been almost 2 weeks that I'm officially under Dr. Bernstein Diet Program Plan; so far I lost 6 pounds based on their chart. Although I'm following strictly their Diet plan, losing weight never been so difficult for me, I'm starving myself every day with only 500/600 Calories and still nothing that I'd define as remarkable results. But I don't give up and I'll continue to follow the Program until I reach my weight goal.

Yesterday I had my first appointment with a Dr. Bernstein's doctor, it was just a 10 minutes visit to see if I had any question or concerns regarding my Diet; I really did not have anything to ask or say to the doctor, apart for my discouraging slow weight loss. He suggested me to remove tomatoes from my diet for at least 2 weeks and see how it goes. It is unbelievable to me how 230g per day of such a light fruit plant can stop me to lose weight. Also removing tomatoes from my diet leave me basically with very little choice of vegetables that I do like or enjoy eating. Hey but when you're in this plan you would do anything to reach your goal weight!

Last night I had a rough night, I believe my spinach were not cooked properly and my stomach did not like it at all so I spent all night in pain and I'm still very dizzy and weak. With this Diet the amount of daily energy is very limited, can happen anything to put you down immediately, well at least that is what happens to me and my tiny body, but I'm not sure is based on the size of the body though. I mentioned the issue to the nurse this morning, when I went to the clinic for my usual weigh in and injection. She suggested me to have 2 servings of apple today as fruit, but I have only 1 apple with me today and ¼ of a cantaloupe, but I'll try to have a soup tonight for dinner, to help my stomach feeling better.

My today's weigh in was disappointing, 3 times in a row that I'm on stable 131 pounds, WTH! To be honest I don't care that much how much their scale displays, I see it at home, and I see it with my clothes. I still have fat to lose and it seems harder and harder when you arrive close to your goal.
Yesterday I tried on one of my old pants, hoping to realize that at the end it fits! Well no, it did not fit; I could not even close the zip or the buttons. That's ok; it's been only 2 weeks with a slow pace weight loss so I couldn't expect the miracle pants.


With the Ketostix that I bought the other day at the pharmacy I'm checking often my ketones, I've constantly only trace of it, which is the first coloured mark, very bright. I guess it is correlated to the fact that at the end my weight is not changing anyway so there is not that much to show on the Ketostix. Hopefully I'm out of my plateau and I will continue to lose a bit more in the next days.  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete