Wednesday 22 October 2014

My first week on Maintenance

I'm almost at the end of my unofficial Maintenance Program, yesterday I had my single weekly injection and today my weight was somehow less than what I was expecting, could this be connected with my injection? I was happy for my weigh-in anyway.

I'm not really following the Maintenance Program to be honest; I'm still more towards the strict Diet with an open mind on my vegetable intake. Saying unlimited vegetable does not seem realistic for me, I don't think eating 5 avocados a day or 2 Kg of zucchini will help maintaining my weight, quite the opposite. Everything should be in moderation and I think they should have a limit for the vegetable even during the Maintenance Program, maybe increasing it with the weeks but not let people go nuts eating Dill Pickled or cucumbers all day, and trust me when you've been on a Diet for so long you want to eat whatever it's allowed to.

Yesterday I had a couple of concerns to tell to the nurse, since I went down with my Potassium I'm experiencing dizziness and I had light headache for the whole weekend. Asking the Dr. Bernstein doctor is pretty much useless; he comes back to me always with the same answer/question: why don't you ask your family doctor of why you have this dizziness, headache, weakness feeling... Why are you here exactly? And why am I even talking to you? Those would be my questions to him.

I went downstairs in the PATH today to look for some herbal teas and I finally found a whole package of my Celestial Black Cherry Berry Herbal Tea, I use to find it only in a multi-flavours package, now I've the whole deal, I also purchased a full package of blueberry herbal tea from the same brand. I'm getting addicted to these herbal teas and they are delicious, I don't really need anything else to drink in the morning, well actually through all day, they help me a lot with my desire of eating a snack or something.

I decided to go for brunch this coming Saturday as well, I am actually thinking to go for brunch every Saturday from now on, if I don't see sensible weight gain during the week, I'd like to be always in the 53-something Kg for my weight and keep it to this level for the whole Maintenance Program and obviously even after. This is the weight where I feel more comfortable with. I thought if I can manage to have this weight for the whole week I can reward myself with an unhealthy brunch with French toast, Pancakes and sunnysideup eggs with a cup of coffee!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog, congrats on your progress! I'm currently starting week 4 of the diet. I've only lost 8 pounds in three weeks and it's very depressing, I was doing so well but then all of a sudden I gained 2 pounds last week. They say it could be because of my period coming. Did you ever find that? I'm thinking I need to cut out breads as well but it's really upsetting to only eat 600 calories and GAIN weight!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandee, agreed! It's always depressing when - with such smal amount of Calories there's no weight loss. Are you in ketosis? Did you try changing one of your food items? For me it was the tomatoes, I could not lose not even one pound, I was starving all the times and gaining weight...terrible. Removing tomatoes and introducing something really new to my diet, like asparagus helped me a lot. I was having omeletes with asparagus for breakfast and lunch! It speed up quickly my diet I've to admit it. During my period I usually did not have any weight loss, that's true but I could tell it was matter of 2/3 days max. Another thing that prevented me to lose any pound was 2 apples per day, I could not eat 2 per day, only one or my weight loss was stopping right away. So try put something in your diet that you usually don't eat, your body will receive a "shock" by this new food and you should see results. Good luck Mandee!

      Delete
  2. I will try that! I've never really made/eaten asparagus before so hopefully it works for me too!

    ReplyDelete