Monday 30 January 2017

Bone Broth Fast - Day #1 will I keep going with it?

Today is my first day of an anomalous fast that I decided to try: a bone broth fast. I started to drink chicken bone broth today, only that and some water – occasionally with lemon. I heard so many amazing things about the bone broth, how the collagen helps the skin, what great pack of essential amino acids it has, great for joints, for the health of skin, hair and nails and the list goes on and on. So I decided to give it a try for at least 4 days, however just one day into it I'm not sure I want to keep on going for another 3 days. The reason why I don't feel going forward with this fast is mostly due to the large amount of sodium contained in the bone broth. I bought the broth in a local restaurant nearby, I thought I would save some money and it would be more natural than the store-bought one. It is extremely salty though, especially for me that I'm not used to salt anymore with a Raw Vegan diet. I also don't feel very comfortable going back on having animal products, even if it's just the broth of it. My main reason for choosing to try this fast was also because I was reading online and watching YouTube videos mentioning that it can be very beneficial to fight the Candida Albicans, now here I have my serious doubts that it can do anything to the Candida in just only 4 days but I guess doesn't hurt to try after all. Today I'm working from home so I didn't mind having a warm broth as meals during the day but I might not bring it with me tomorrow in the office, I will have a cup in the morning here as "breakfast" and continue my day drinking only water.
One thing that I'm already noticing is that I really look puffy now, most likely due to the high amount of sodium in the broth. I hope drinking plenty of water will help me release a bit of the puffiness in the next few hours. Doing a bone broth is definitely easier than a regular Water Fast, I didn't feel any hunger so far, I don't feel tired; apparently another good thing of a bone broth fast is that there should not be any muscle loss while fasting – because of the high protein content. It's been not even 24 hours in this fast so I really cannot say much, I guess in few days I should have a better picture, if I will keep on doing it. I'm definitely thinking on continuing with a Water Fast once I enter in a good ketosis.
I was going through my old posts, while I was Water Fasting and I felt missing those feelings, I gained weight in the past weeks, if I don't have a meal plan I usually tend to binge and some days I can't really discipline myself on portion control. Right now I feel almost depressed, I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw again that desperate girl fighting for her weight loss in so many crazy ways, so tenaciously and always with scarce results. Sometimes I think that this is just my life, dealing every single day with what I can eat, what not and how to amend on my bad food choices. Some days the only thing I want is sweets, bananas and lots of nuts, peanuts, I want to stuff myself with food full of fatty things, healthy yes but not conform to my diet life style. Some days I think I'm a lost cause and I should just surrender to my weaknesses.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also trying drinking bone broth to lose some of my weight. I'm drinking Au Bon Broth and liking it so far because it doesn't feel like I'm starving myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah....drinking Bone Broth is a great compromise for a Fast, it allows you to get into Ketosis without starving, and it's rich in proteins and collagen, and so on...good luck!

      Delete