Monday 31 October 2016

Refeeding Process - Day #4 - What am I eating so far?

Today is for me the 4th day of my refeeding process after my 22/23 Days of Water Fasting. So far is going well, I have had basically only watermelon the first couple of days and then I bought a delicious papaya, but the rest of the 3 days was just watermelon, carefully increasing the amount. I did not have any side effects for the food, actually yesterday I even had a BM, which I would define unpleasant but I guess is part of the whole process, reawakening my digestive system. This morning unfortunately my ketosis was gone, it gradually disappeared since I started refeeding, I'm assuming because of the sugar in the fruits, since I'm eating only that. But today I had a completely different meal plan; since I felt a bit down and weak yesterday – and the absence of ketosis worried me – I wanted to get some proteins, so this morning I prepared a smoothie with a scoop of vegan protein powder, an handful of strawberry, a cup of spinach and half slide of pineapple to give some sweetness. The proteins tasted really bad, I think one scoop was too much, but I felt ok after so I didn't actually regret having it.
My breakfast was with roughly 400gr of watermelon, this little one was tastier than the one I had on Friday, it was juicy and sweet; I had at around 9:30am this morning, trying not to drink too much water before or after my meal. It felt a lot of watermelon. I can tell that I cannot eat too much; my stomach gets full really quickly.
Lunch time was more on vegetables, I did not have much with me so I went downstairs to buy something; initially I thought it would be nice to try one of those place where they serve organic raw food, but all of the dishes were either with nuts, beans or fats, so I opted for the self-service isle at the grocery store. I got a tray of mixed greens (mostly spinach) with some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes; for the sweetness I added watermelon and cantaloupe. I tried to maintain the ingredients all with a high water content, nothing dry or with high fat. It was a very nice salad, but it took me sometime to eat it all, I had like half – then waited half hour – and finished the rest of it.
In these past 2/3 days while refeeding I can definitely tell how my body becomes extremely weak once the digestion starts, it's really unbelievable for me, all my strengths are gone in few minutes; yesterday I had to lie down for a little while, every time I was having a meal – this to confirm that really digestion gets a lot of energy from the body that could be used to do something else! I also notice a change in my thoughts clarity when I'm eating or when I'm digesting my meals, something that really I don't like so far.
My weight so far didn't change, I finished my Water Fast at 54.1Kg (119lb) and this morning I was stable again at 54.0Kg (118lb) – so pretty much as before, I'm expecting a weight increase for sure in the next few days, mostly due to the food that will be deposited in my whole digestive system but some retain of water as well. I have planned on maintaining a raw food diet for now, until my weight is good and stable at least. I do have a lot of small portions of chicken breast in the freezer that I really don't want to throw away, but it doesn't really expire frozen – I might think to have it once or twice a week, just to consume it, I really have no rush though.

No comments:

Post a Comment