Wednesday 12 October 2016

My Water Fast Day #9

Today's my Water Fast Day #9 – I'm feeling great, my Ketones are in large traces as 80mg/dL and my mood is improving each day into the fast.
I've been reading a lot about Water Fasting, its benefits and how to properly do it; I also watched lots of videos on YouTube and I bought 2 eBooks about water fasting information and guidelines. Overall I'm really excited about all the health benefits that I can achieve with this 21 Days fast.
But what I have been really worried in the past couple of days though is on how to properly break a fast. I did read lots of information and prepared a nice meal plan for the first 3 weeks and beyond, however I still feel a bit afraid on getting back on eating and be able to handle my cravings and binge episodes.
Online I found various experience of course, people succeeding, people indulging in junk food in big quantities from day 1! I do have the strong opinion that first days are crucial, not only for the mind of a binge eater but also to avoid dangerous body side effect. After so many days of drinking only water lots of organs in the body shut down, so I will need to gently put everything back on without shocking my body.

I read of people breaking a fast in an Indian restaurant, when spicy food is one of the top 3 things to avoid in the first days after a fast. A lady went to a Chinese restaurant to break her fast and she even ate the fortune cookie! Come on, ok with the food but leave the crap out of your system since you just detoxed it. Anyhow, I guess we are the result of our food choices and we can only blame ourselves, I include myself obviously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment