Monday 24 October 2016

Water Fast Day #21 - My Experience Updates

Today is my 21st day of my Water Fast experience, so far is going well, I've been a bit weak and with no much energy in the past couple of days, but overall I managed to do everything I had planned, Friday afternoon I even went to the movie theatre by myself, which is a great achievement for me and my mood challenges, and also I can say that not having my usual M&M's during the movie was not that bad at the end, I sipped on my water and I was fine.
This morning my ketosis was still in large traces, which is great since I want to lose a bit more weight before the end of my fast, planning on being around 53 Kg, but I'm not sure I can achieve this goal before real hunger comes; I've lost quite a bit so far, all my clothes are fitting me large, but I'm not complaining; I feel I have a new whole wardrobe now that I can choose from; till few weeks ago nothing was fitting me and I was frustrated every single morning. I hope after the end of this fast my weight doesn't come all back, I know some will but I have to do my best to maintain a healthy Diet, possibly raw vegan diet.
This afternoon I planned to go to a grocery store to buy coconut water, I never had it before and really I hate coconut but for the re-feeding it might be a good choice, I saw some YouTube videos of people breaking the fast with it, let's see… I'm still not sold for it.
During this past weekend I had some breakouts which I believe were part of my skin detox, strangely they were gone in a day, which usually doesn't happen that fast, I'm really looking forward on seeing my skin cleared out thanks to this water fast, one of the priceless benefits for me. Another odd thing that is happening to my skin during this fast is the hydration; usually during my past diets, every time I was eliminating fats, my skin was getting so dry, I had to constantly put on creams, which was also in contradiction with the diet – since I was supposed to refrain to use anything had oil or any type of fat. This time around I really don't need it, my skin is good is not breaking as usual so I'm not using anything unless I really think is needed a little help.
Watching one YouTube video the other day made me realized that really I'm not drinking much water maybe, most of the people suggested drinking roughly 4L of water daily, sipping and never drinking too much in once, but even sipping here and there I cannot manage to have more than 2L so far, I would rather drink the whole bottle than sipping, I just cannot remember to drink!
One good thing that is improved during these past days has been the number of times I wake up at night to go to the washroom; I heard that this thing would happen eventually but I never believed it, well it's actually true and I'm basically not waking up anymore, actually last night I think I had a full night sleep, the first time since days now. I have to say my sleep is improving with the days, at some point I really had hard time sleeping, often I would wake up, and just didn't feel sleeping but always forced myself to rest and stay in bed. Lately I have increased the amount of hours that I'm in deep sleep and I believe now is much better and I can manage to stay in bed as any normal person without feeling like a night owl.
Weight = 55.1 KG
Ketosis = 80mg/dL large traces 
FAT = 23.3%
BMI = 20.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment