Tuesday 25 October 2016

After a Water Fasting - The good intentions

Today I was thinking that there's no better way to start a healthy lifestyle than having a clear list of all the good intentions once the Water Fast is completed (bear with me and my lists – I am a real example of a person with OCD).
So I came up with a list of things that I hope I will be able to avoid for good going forward, mostly because in the past they triggered my binge episodes and also – more importantly – because not in line with my idea of healthy Diet. In summary here's my food-to-avoid draft list:
  • No coffee / caffeine
  • No sugar (this is really tough but I have no choice)
  • No sweeteners (maybe one or two drops of stevia once in a while)
  • No processed food
  • No alcohol (I don't really mind this one since I never been a drinker)
  • No meat
  • No animal derived food (another tough one especially when it comes to cheese and eggs, but I'll try my best)
  • No nuts (extremely tough, I might allow myself to some raw nuts in rare occasions)
  • Highly reduce root vegetables (I don't mind onions or garlic but carrots are rich of sugar and I should be careful with those – I don't care about potatoes really)
  • No salt
  • No oil (I might try to create my own recipe for dressing with raw apple cider vinegar)
  • Highly reduce dry spices (they might help on developing dehydration in my body so better avoid them as much as I can)
  • No supplements (I'm still debating on the MSN and the D+Calcium though)
  • No drugs (unless really required – I never abused them but I will try to be more careful going forward, I believe those are toxics for my body, especially antibiotics)
  • No gluten (this is another tough one and I might have some carbs inevitably here and there somehow)
  • No fish or sea fruits (tough but doable)
  • No breakfast (I want to try to maintain an Intermitting Fasting regiment IF, at least for a certain amount of months following my Water Fasting journey)
Ok, so reading at this list the first question that comes into my mind is: What else's is left really? But soon I'll post a list of what I will actually not deprive myself adopting my new healthy lifestyle. I do want to think that going forward, when my relationship with food is stable, as well as my weight; I will be able to allow myself anything I want, in moderation and just as exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment