Friday 25 November 2016

Water Fast - Refeeding Day #1

My 7-Day Water Fast is completed and today's my first Refeeding Day, so far I had 250gr of watermelon for breakfast and going to have same amount for lunch. I didn't register any weight loss this morning but my ketosis was still in large traces at 80mg/dL, so – to quote Dr. Simeons - if I'm not losing pounds I'm losing inches.
What I believe could be the reason of not seeing changes on the scale, is the fact that I basically didn't sleep last night; I added few sips of green tea in the afternoon that might affected my sleep, I know it sounds crazy but I cannot think of any other reason why I could not sleep at all; yes I always have hard time sleeping during fasting or strict dieting, but not completely for the entire night! But again, mine are just assumptions; let's see tonight how it goes.
After ate and digestion started I felt very weak and with no strengths, I know the feeling because it was even more evident after my 23-Day Water Fast. It still surprises me to see how much energy the digestion process takes from my body, and I would assume from my brain too.
Yesterday I ended up buying some Raw Organic Almonds and some Raw Cashews, my cabinet is completely full, I don't even know why I keep on buying things! I'm getting crazy with the idea of preparing so many recipes that somehow buying the ingredients is a bit like executing the recipe itself. But I have to be conscious on preparing too much food or doing all these gourmet recipes, especially because 99% of them are with nuts and seeds, which hare rich in fat and I know for fact that fat makes me fat pretty quickly.
One thing I want to do this afternoon after work is going to buy a food processor; since today's Black Friday today there are few deals out there and I found a refurbished good food processor for $60, which is good for the brand and size of the processor. The reason why I want to have it, after buying the Vitamix is mostly for chopping and shredding vegetables. I would like to cut my vegetables in smaller pieces, I found that the thick and creamy dressing sauce that I prepare get better into the vegetables while mixing all the ingredients.

Yesterday I took out from the freezer the container with I believe was cut papaya, it was hard to see frozen from outside, but I'm pretty sure it was papaya or I'll have a surprise tomorrow for breakfast. I also took from the freezer one container with a green sauce, which I'm not sure what it is and the 2 Chinese zucchini that I bought a couple weeks ago. I left all this food in the fridge to thaw, adding this morning my lemon container with few slices of lemon, to use in the morning in my water, not yet though, I will start in a couple of days to have citrus, to avoid upsetting my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment