Tuesday 1 November 2016

Incorporating Water Fasting as part of my life

As a result of my Water Fast experience I lost lots of weight, which it was one of the main reasons why I wanted to do this fast – as well as getting rid of my Candida Albicans, my Binge Eating Disorder and understanding my underlying issues with food. All things that I believe I achieved so far; I do think sometimes that I will ended up binging again one day, but better staying positive for now and thinking that the path to a healthy lifestyle and better relationship with food is a long way with highs and lows but that I should never lose track on what I'm gaining staying straight.
In any case I'm absolutely loving my new weight, I feel a completely different person, I feel younger, detoxed and with a different type of desire when thinking about food. I can say no, I'm full to myself and I have no issues on waiting a bit when meal time is coming; I try to concentrate and understand what my body is telling me, if I'm hungry, I'm bored or simply craving anything - but so far I did not have any craving, apart from healthy salads and fruits, which it feels very different compared the type of craving I used to have before for sugar.
Since I don't want to lose this Nirvana status between my weights, my new whole wardrobe, the way I relate to food, I decided to incorporate in my life Water Fasting from now on. I already planned my next Water Fast, it will be only a 10-Days Water Fast and I'm planning on starting on December 5th till the 15th or so, as usual it would be also driven on how my body is feeling so far for that days.
The reason why I planned this 10-Days Water Fast is because I believe my healing and cleansing process didn't get completed with my 23-Days Water Fast, I still have so much to give to my body, give it time to heal and rest. Doing a Water Fast that does not reach Ketogenic status is not much worth the stress really, at least not from a cleansing perspective, that's why a minimum of 10-Days Water Fast will be the best solution for me going forward. I'm thinking on having an n-Days Water Fast here and there during the year coming up, for the prolonged Fast I don't think I will do it more than 2/3 times a year, but let's see how it goes.
Apart from this 10-Days Water Fast I think I will use a sort of IFIntermitting Fasting strategy as well, but not exactly as IF is supposed to work. I found that IF doesn't really work for me, I like having breakfast or something during my mornings so I don't think I can keep on avoiding this thing for too long without feeling frustrated about it. So I decided to do a 2-Days Water Fast during the weekend, not all weekends but I might start this one if my weight is getting unmanageable, for me maintenance is a delicate period that have to last at least a month so I need to prepare a backup plan in case my weight goes up too much, too soon. So I planned on starting the Water Fast on Friday evening, I will try to have an early dinner, light with no fruits so I can try to get into ketosis if I can, and continue with the Water Fasting till basically Monday morning, when I will have again a regular breakfast – without eating too much to avoid upsetting my stomach after the short Fast. I hope I can find the strengths to do it, but in general doing my prolonged Water Fast didn't bother me at all, I actually enjoyed the whole experience, but it's also true that I just completed one and going back on only drinking water can be annoying, let's see I might have a busy day on Saturday so I will not mind staying just on water for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment