Tuesday 1 November 2016

Water Fasting - Refeeding Process updates after 5 days

I'm still in a refeeding-mode I guess but I stopped counting days, I check my weight every morning, not my ketosis though, with all the fruits I'm having it doesn't make any sense. Today I was like 300gr more than yesterday; I had no bm since a couple of days so it really was expected anyway.
I feel ok with whatever I eat so far, I just cannot have much, my stomach is still in the small amount size type of meal, which is ok I guess, I definitely don't need to overeat. This morning I prepared again a smoothie, this time with half scoop of vegan proteins, similar to yesterday I feel the odd taste of the proteins in my mouth now, not a pleasant feeling, I will avoid the proteins altogether tomorrow. I added various fruits today, like strawberries, mangoes, papaya and 2 dates to give sweetness – all with some baby spinach. It was a delicious smoothie, my mistake was that I didn't want to bring it at work so I had 2 big glasses one after the other in just few minutes - since I was a bit late for work. Well my stomach didn't like it really, it started to hurt me a bit, not much but I definitely felt the pain. Lesson learned I guess.
Yesterday before going home I stopped to do some grocery shopping and buy some fruits and vegetables for dinner and today's meal for the office, I found one papaya that was so ripe and soft, it was absolutely delicious, I used for my salad a bit and today's breakfast as well. I also bought a mango, it was already peeled in a box with some blueberries and a piece of papaya; the mango was kind of hard and difficult to cut but it was delicious, I don't recall I ever had such a good mango. My personal preference goes to those mangoes with darker skin, I'm not a mangoes expert at all but I tried both and this hard one with darker skin, it might be cheaper in price for some reason, but I found it way better than the most expensive one.
After my Water Fast it's coming so natural for me enjoying these true flavours of the nature, I'm not missing at all the junk food I used to eat, I'm missing neither the coffee nor any other drink in general. In the morning, while I do my makeup I just sip on my bottle of water. I'm thinking on buying one of those big plastic glasses used for smoothies or mixed energy drinks, but I really want to remove from my morning routines having this smoothie, it's really not necessary if I can have a normal breakfast once in the office, with some fresh fruits. Maybe if I can start a good workout routine I will add something else to my diet, but for now it's just adding up calories for nothing.
Today for my mid-morning break I had, for the first time after so long, a detox tea  –  caffeine free but I hope it will help me with my detox process somehow; yesterday I noticed that drinking just hot water gives me tummy-pain and I don't want to do anything to my body that could generated uncomforted state in any way. I don't like the tea of course, so I might have next time in a month from now, my sweet tooth is not meant to enjoy these types of tea unfortunately.
Today for lunch I prepared a mixed salad, I literally thrown in the container whatever I had in the fridge: mixed greens, blueberries, papaya, watermelon, mango and cherry tomatoes, no dressing and no spices, just fresh fruits & vegetables. I wish I add spinach and some cucumbers but I will get them this afternoon with my grocery delivery, I will to reduce the fruits as much as I can going forward, it doesn't help with the weight management for sure. Too bad my spiralizer is still on its way and not delivered yet, I wouldn't mind preparing my salad with zucchini and cucumber noodles for tomorrow, oh well I will need to endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment