Monday 21 November 2016

7-Day Water Fast - My updates on Day #4

Today is Day #4 of my 7-Day Water Fast and I'm happy to report that I've been in Ketosis since yesterday with large and moderate traces, good to know that I'm already burning fat and not muscle.
So far I'm doing ok, my weight this morning was 55.7Kg so it's going down with a good pace, but I would also say that the first few days are always good in terms of losses. Let's see by mid-week since I don't have too much to lose in my opinion, I'm hoping to reach the 53Kg by the end of the fast.
Sometimes I look my body in the mirror and I can see that I'm really out of shape, when I was running or going to the gym I had a completely different figure, it really hurts and I'm always thinking that I should go back to my gym routine once my fast is done. I have in my mind good intentions but I never feel the strengths to do it, I'm wondering if I'm exhausting my adrenals and feeling often tired and demotivated. I'm planning on taking some supplements for the adreno-fatigue once completed the Water Fast and refeeding process – maybe it will help.
Saturday I spent all day mostly in bed, except for a movie date that I had in the afternoon, so I did at least 1 hour walking that day. I really felt tired of doing anything, I didn't even want to go to the cinema, hoping my date will cancel for unforeseen reasons….but he didn't so I went. Before going though I decided to do an injection of Vitamin B12, since the Raw Vegan Diet is usually low in B12 and it could help in giving me energy. The injection itself was not pleasant, I had for the first time lots of blood coming out from the injection site, the needle was very small though, not sure what happened really, not a big issue anyway, it stopped in few seconds after that.
This time around I don't want to drink hot water, I'm satisfied with regular room temperature water, I do feel I'm not drinking enough though, I try on sipping here and there but at the end of the day it never gets up to 2.5L, I just can't make it!
Another thing I noticed that is different for this second Water Fast is my desire of eating; I'm looking to so many new Raw Vegan recipes on Pinterest and buying new Raw Vegan food. During my first 24-Day Water Fast I wasn't thinking much about food, at least not like this. Does concern me a bit really since I don't want to be addicted on food or gourmet recipes, I just want to live an healthy life with a good relationship with food, without being obsessed about eating or losing weight. I really hope I can achieve this goal once forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment