Friday 4 November 2016

Raw Vegan Diet - Loving the big portions

So this morning I woke up wondering if all the food I'm having in these past few days affected my weight, well I was extremely happy to report that my weight didn't change a bit, I almost cried. I'm following this raw food diet and I eat a lot, and when I say a lot for me means that the binge eater that is in me, is super happy on how things are going here. I feel really happy in the morning having my huge bowl of fruits; it leaves me happy till lunch time without any issue. Then for lunch, again I have a super-giant salad with anything I want in it – same thing for my dinner. I cannot be happier than that and it's amazing to see how raw food finds its way through the digestive system so easily and quick. I have 3 times a day bowel movements, I cannot ask for more than that really.
This morning my breakfast was a big bowl of fruits with a cup of strawberries, 3 cups of papaya, 1 apple, 1 mango, 3 dates and a tbsp of shredded coconut to give some colour. It took me more than half hour to eat it all! For lunch I prepared something even bigger than my breakfast, already excited thinking about it. Yes, because yesterday I used my new spiralizer to cut my veggies and also my apple, it works wonderfully and it's so easy to use and clean really, actually it saves me some time in the cutting vegetables process. So my salad will be: tons of zucchini noodles and cucumber noodles with some diced tomatoes, spinach and lettuce. For the sauce I created my own pesto version with basil, shelled hemp seeds, lemon, a tsp of coconut oil and a clove of garlic – all raw. I can't wait to taste my new recipe, but not now though I'm so full of my fruit salad that I can't even move…and I'm already in the office!
Yesterday evening I went with a friend to one of those vegan restaurants, he knows I'm always dealing with food concerns so that was not a big deal for him, in any case it turns out really well for him too, he enjoyed the meal. Initially I thought that I could not trust a restaurant 100% when it comes to eating fully raw, but I wanted to give it a try since this vegan restaurant is very well-known in the city anyway. Everything was good, I had a big salad with everything in eat and some peanuts on top with a raw tahini sauce with it; it was really delicious especially the peanuts of course, it gave the salad an amazing flavour. For this reason I'm thinking to buy some raw cashews this weekend, pass them into my food processor and keep it as salad topping or for here and there maybe for other meals too. I thought I would see my weight creeping up this morning for the huge salad and the peanuts but life is good and my body appreciated the meal as I did.

Another thing that I want to try is the reduced fat raw peanut butter; I got this idea from a video I watched yesterday on YouTube. So basically I have my peanuts powder with no sugar added or anything is just 100% peanuts, not organic though, I cannot find this type of product organic yet. Anyhow, with the powder the fat content is reduced up to 90% so that's a good news for me that I'm trying to eat low fat at the moment, so to eat it I will just add water to the powder until I reach the consistency that I like and it will become like regular peanut butter but without the fats. It is clever in my opinion for who wants to indulge in this type of sweet without the guilt; obviously everything should be eaten in moderation, that's me that I just had a huge fruit bowl saying it, no kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment