Tuesday 8 November 2016

A day for my Raw Vegan Diet

I didn't fast during this past weekend, mostly because my weight really didn't change much, well apart from today that I registered a 1.2Kg in gain! But I know why, that's due to the fact that I had my dinner at 10:30pm last night, eating 4 bananas, insane I know but I'm definitely weak when dealing with banana and peanut butter! But I promised myself to stick to my healthy habits today, lots of greens and water. Nothing sweet for dinner tonight, only vegetables, since I already had my portion of fruits in my breakfast and lunch, I should be ok to stick to the plan….hopefully.
Yesterday I prepared for the first time Raw Vegan Tahini, with a very simple recipe, well I improvised really. I don't have yet a Vitamix so I used my grinder to chop a bit the sesame seeds, then I passed them into the blender, but it was really not working very well without liquids, the blades were running without doing much, so I added enough water to let them spin a bit and work on the consistency of the Tahini, I also added few organic sundried tomatoes, parsley, a couple of celery leafs and a half tsp of nutritional yeast, but don't ask why because I'm not sure what I was trying to accomplish, I never used before this nutritional yeast blend. In any case the Tahini came out better than my expectations, it was a lot and I was really pleased of the outcome; I used in my zucchini noodles for dinner adding some greens and diced tomatoes, I was in heaven!

My personal opinion of the vegetable noodles that I made with the spiralizer is that zucchini are the perfect choice for it, cucumbers not so much, they lose lots of water and really cucumbers are so much better when diced, well or at least I prefer them in small cubes rather than a spaghetti shape. From now on I don't think I will use the spiralizer for cucumbers, but I will look around looking for different vegetables maybe, something that can go nicely with the cucumbers, in case I want to mix them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment