Friday 18 November 2016

I started my 7-Day Water Fast today

I started today my short 7-Day Water Fast; it's the second one that I'm doing so far. Since it's just the first day, actually first hours – I'm feeling hungry a bit at the moment – nothing crazy though.
I've not been feeling good in the past few days, not sure if was for the probiotic that I took or the ones I used to prepare my vegan-cheese, in any case my stomach really bothered me lately – I've been also eating a lot, so it might be just overwhelmed for all the food that I stuffed myself with, especially the peanut butter and cacao powder used with my fruits, not to mention the tons of dates I had with them. I really needed this Water Fast, to let my body heal and my digestive system to take a break.
My weight this morning was 58.5Kg, so basically I gained like 5lb in 4/5 days because of my cravings, I was doing so well and suddenly I got crazy dreaming about nuts and peanut butter and bananas, it takes so little to be off the wagon really, so I better be under Water Fast control until I'm back on track.
Today's Friday and I'm back in the office, I took care of most of my food – my fridge is empty now, I have left only a couple of apples and pears, and 4 big mangoes. They are not ripe yet, once I can see that they're good I'll chop everything and dispose in the freezer with the rest of the stuff. The other day I prepared an amazing marinara sauce with my tomatoes, it came out in two jars and I froze them directly. My freezer is full now, I guess the only thing I won't be able to freeze are some cucumber slides left in the fridge, oh well I will throw them out today, I don't like frozen cucumber, even in the smoothies it tastes awful anyway.
One thing I have done with the huge amount of carrots that I have is shredding them all, I washed and peeled the whole bad and I shredded with a cheese grater that I have, I want to use them for a carrots cake, once I'm done with this water fast. But I promised myself I should be good on doing too many gourmet recipes and stick with max once a week, otherwise it's easy for me to get caught in this vicious circle of cooking and eating. I should eat more mono-ingredient meals, more watery food as well as good smoothies; for some reasons I believe I would eat more drinking but I have to give it a try and start to learn on understanding my body on when I'm really hungry without eating on a schedule. It will help for sure to keep my weight under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment