Monday 21 November 2016

Raw Vegan Diet and my alarming food cravings

It's Monday today and doing nothing here in the office makes my day feeling longer than actually is, just looking at the watch every 5 minutes or so to see when it's time for me to leave. If my co-worker is working from home tomorrow I will do too for sure. I have a slight back pain today, not sure if it's due to my shoes, the posture or anything else, it's a lower back pain and I can barely bend or staying sit, I'm usually pretty resistant to pain, never complained much, unless is really killing me, but it's uncomfortable definitely – just wondering if it could be part of my detox process in my Water Fast.
Without eating I have of course more time, since I'm cutting the cooking part, the eating and organizing dishes in the kitchen. The good parts are: saving money, keeping kitchen clean, losing weight, detoxing and less trips to the grocery stores. I like shopping in general but not grocery stores, I would rather go to a mall or healthy food stores but supermarkets don't excite me so much; sometime I think I would go back on receiving the organic basket that I use to receive from MamaEarth once a week, the choices though are limited for me so not sure it will be convenient, especially eating so many tropical fruits as I like to do.
So far I can say that being Raw Vegan it is expensive, I cannot eat everything organic or I'll be broke, but fruits in general are expensive, if I combine different types of fruits is a lot of money. I tried to shop in Chinatown to save on my grocery, and I did save some for sure, but my tomatoes tasted like water and the cantaloupe was terrible, I did not enjoy one bite of it. So saving on the pocket to lose on the taste? I need to find a better compromise for it, plus I definitely don't trust fruits and vegetables bought in Chinatown.
I'm doing better today with my water intake, I bought another bottle of my vapour distilled smartwater  but still thinking on buying the pure distilled water at Shopper - I think it might be more convenient for me, even going forward. So far I drank 1.3L only though but I'm usually less than that so I will say is an improvement for the day, plus it's 3:00pm now so I have time to reach at least 2L for the day. One thing I noticed this morning though was the colour of my urine, not dark yellow as it should be, that's why I also think the Ketostix on moderate Ketosis could be inaccurate; the ketosis might be diluted and not precise in terms of measurements.
This time around I have lots of cravings for food, I didn't have it during my first Water Fast, I guess is true when they say that each fast is different from the other one. I'm resisting on the cravings but just looking forward to the day that I'm done with this fast and going back on eating whatever I like, still Raw Vegan of course, I'm really happy with this choice. I hope this is not a sign that my binges are coming back as soon as I complete the Water Fast….or I might need to start a new one again! I thought many times on going back on counting calories, it's the only way on keeping me accountable on the food, instead of loading my salad bowl of 2Kg of vegetables and dressing sauces, not to mention my desserts indulgences. Another thing that I want to do is staying away from doing too many gourmet recipes, it increases my cravings, watching all those videos or posts on Pinterest, and they just make me crave more and more food. I hope this Water Fast will help me to get rid of my cravings so I can go back to a normal and healthy Diet routine without being obsessed by food.

No comments:

Post a Comment