Thursday 1 December 2016

Raw Vegan Diet - Too many snacks

Today I've been fasting all day, my last meal was yesterday at around 8:30pm or so – a huge bowl of banana ice cream with dates and powdered peanut butter. I find myself always indulging in sweet fruits and nuts and I firmly believe that this is what jeopardies my weight maintenance, together with a lack of a strict eating plan.
Good news though is that in the past 3 days I've been going to the gym every day, actually twice a day. Since I worked from home, I had the chance to wake up a bit later and go to the gym in my building for half hour of thread mill and weight machines, nothing crazy but I'm trying to be disciplined with my exercise routine, I even went once to GoodLife gym for my favourite class and 10 minutes of steam room – it was great I'd admit it.
Overall I feel great, the scale went up almost every day since I completed my 7-Day Water Fast. Something might be a normal reaction of ending the fast, something else is due to the extra snacks I'm having here and there for sure. In my defense I would say that being home bored all day doesn't actually help on staying strict on diet. Even if I'm working I should find an activity that keeps me busy in the moment my cravings are hard to control, I should do proactive things like cleaning or knitting, that might help.
I was debating of having a fruit salad today for lunch, but I'm glad I didn't so I can save those calories for tonight's supper and dessert. I'm thinking to do a similar thing tomorrow, since I'm supposed to have a dinner date in the evening. Yesterday for breakfast I prepared some wraps using the one I bought at the healthy store last week, I think I ate 6 of them including a seaweed one, it was too much for breakfast; although delicious the amount of calories for each one was excessive for a single meal.

Few days ago I soaked some cashews thinking on doing a creamy sauce for my salads but I still didn't use it, I'm afraid they will go bad if I don't do anything with it. There are a lot recipes with cashews, I can even do some energy bars with dates and a pinch of pink salt; but really I don't need any extra snacks that I don't have already in my overly full cabinet! Most likely I'll do a sauce and use it for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment