Thursday 7 September 2017

Why I'm not losing weight on a Water Fast?


In my experience I narrowed down few reasons why I hit a plateau while Water Fasting:
  1. Lack of exercise – so to clarify I mean lack of general activities. Resting all day in bed will not help your body to consume calories, hence, since you’re in a Ketogenic state the body will not feel the need to burn any unnecessary fat. After all human body is a perfect machine. I would suggest light walks, doing errands or chores in the house, but most probably the best way is just walk for 2/3 hours a day.
  2. Lack of sleep – I found that few sleepless days and being very tired can cause a plateau, I guess even when not fasting. But it’s something to consider if looking for the cause of not losing weight.
  3. If you’re a woman and - TOM is around the corner, chances are you will hit a plateau. I know it sucks but water retention is a common thing before the period starts.
  4. Plateaus are a normal thing either if you’re fasting or dieting; I know it can be very frustrating not seeing any change on the scale when fasting believe me - but, if I’m in Ketosis I’m sure that it’s just water retention and maybe if I’m not losing pounds I’m losing inches somewhere. Be patient, usually plateau don’t last more than a couple of days, and then you’ll be back again on losing weight.
NOTE
  • I never seen any stall in my weight loss while Dry Fasting, at least in my personal experience, so I believe this thing is very rare to happen.
  • Also that might be many other causes why a person hits a plateau; I just listed some of the most common ones for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment