Thursday 14 September 2017

Combined Dry and Water Fast – Day #20

Thursday 14.09.2017
Combined Dry and Water Fast – Day #20
Water Fast
So I broke my Dry Fast yesterday, not because I was thirsty or anything, just bored of not drinking, but I’m also bored of drinking water anyway. Some days are not all rainbows unfortunately. I feel given up, I feel I would like to eat something delicious, fruits and vegetables. But I tell myself to be strong, after 20 days I must continue, days will pass and I’ll reach my goal and thank myself for being strong and keep on going with my Fast. I’m not hungry, just annoyed of drinking water I guess, but from a point of view this is just childish somehow, because I’m like a little kid that wants the candies, not because she “needs” candies, just to satisfy the cravings; so I better stay away from these stupid cravings.
I estimated that I could, potentially, complete my Water Fast around October 6th/7thif everything proceeds as expected. Today I did not lose one single gram from yesterday, but it could be water retention since I broke my Dry Fast just few hours ago. I have to remember that, if I want to start a new Dry Fast, I either do it for at least 5/6 days or I don’t do at all. Because 48hrs are worth nothing in terms of weight loss, and actually I’m just shocking my body that would retain as much water as it can!
So far I feel ok, mood is good, my stomach is growling often today, but I’m not hungry. I bought an unsweetened tea at Starbucks today, and really it was absolutely disgusting. Now I guess I cannot tolerate anything, I should stick with just plain water, not even lemon water, it’s bothering me that too now.
Sometimes I think on how will be my body reaction to food again, once I break the Fast in 3 weeks from now. It does seem a long time, but I’m sure time will pass quickly if I don’t think too much about it. I wish I had lots of things to do during the day, so I could be busy and not think about my Fast. It is really a lot of mental component here, because there’s no hunger whatsoever, so it’s just my mind that calls for food.
My journey though, it is still long but I have lots of weight to lose unfortunately, so I don’t have much choice, I don’t want to be fat as I am, I don’t feel well, it’s causing me a lot of anxiety, and when I’m skinnier I feel younger, full of positive thoughts, I feel like another person. People interact with me differently, I do too, I feel more confident, my clothes fit and I can use my whole wardrobe without stressing in the mornings on what to wear. I know it might seem a superficial way to see things and my life, but this is what makes me happy, and everybody is different, what makes you happy can be different from someone else. We have to find what’s right for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment