Monday 25 September 2017

Combined Dry and Water Fast - 30 days completed!

So I successfully completed 30 days of my combined Dry/Water Fast; who knew I could go so many days without eating, not so much for the absence of food rather than the willpower of staying away from food itself. Oh well, time passes after all and at the end of the journey looking back does not seem that difficult, if done once in a while.
Today I planned on refeeding with Bone Broth, I’m now sipping on my Mason jar with 1/3 of Bone Broth and some boiling water; I must to say it taste awful, I added too much water and the end result is not great at all. I’ll do better with the next jar I hope.
Last night I had hard time sleeping, as often happens, but this time my mouth was extremely dry, as I never felt before, I was trying to drink water during the night, but it wasn’t helping. I was wondering if it was a sort of sign that I should break my fast, but I didn’t feel hungry at all, just thirsty. Well this morning I was very weak, I could not walk to come to work, I took the streetcar for most of the way here and walked with lots of challenges the rest of the way, thinking that I could faint any time. Most probably it was just my mind making up this scenario, but I didn’t like how I was feeling and I was ok with the idea of refeeding on Bone Broth today, I need to have a normal life and functioning properly, otherwise I cannot continue any fast whatsoever.
My eyelids are still twitching often, a sign that I have some nutritional deficiencies for sure, but I hope once I start to eat again things will be better. I cannot wait to eat a hearty salad from my favourite restaurants. Now that I’m drinking I feel really tired, the refeeding process, let’s face it, it sucks; eating after a prolonged fast takes so much energy from the body that basically shuts me down while I’m digesting, and I’m just sipping on a little bit of Bone Broth with tons of water at the moment!
I still have lots of weight to lose unfortunately, the rate on which I was losing weight was not that fast so I would’ve needed another two weeks to reach my ideal target weight, but I could not handle another 2 weeks of Water Fast, I’m getting tired of not eating; I hope with good food and exercise I can reach my goal, and maybe I’ll do short Water Fast here and there to stabilize my weight and lose another couple of Kg. The important thing is that I don’t gain any weight and I maintain wherever I am now, or less of course. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment