Monday 18 September 2017

Combined Dry and Water Fast - Day #24

So today is the 24th Day of my Combined Dry/Water Fast, never did a Fast longer than 24 days, so from tomorrow on I’ll have reached a new goal. I’m aiming for 40 days though, let’s see how I feel in the coming weeks.
My weight loss really slowed down, I barely lose half pound every other day; yesterday I did an enema, I felt something was negatively affecting my mood and I thought it can be related to bacteria stuck in my colon, I didn’t want to take the chance, so I did it but not much came out. This morning I registered a loss though, I was 59.9Kg – glad to see the number 5 on the scale!
I spent all weekend being lazy and what I learnt so far from my fasts is that being lazy is counterproductive if you want to lose weight; I don’t care what they say that you have to rest and blah blah, for me doesn’t work like that; I need to move to consume calories, to keep the body running. This morning the first 10 minutes, while I was walking, I felt very weak and dizzy, it got better after few minutes but I’m sure it was because I was in bed all weekend and not used to stay outside. I tried to take a deep breath when I was out but, living downtown has its negative sides, the pollution is high but what was bothering me and not letting me take a deep breath was the stink of dogs’ pee and poop, everyone has a dog in my neighborhood, and although I love animals, they stink like hell 
So far I’m not hungry, I often watch videos of Raw Vegan recipes, what to eat, what to prepare, I dream about eating something delicious, but I don’t feel weak that I’m going to break my fast; I’m really committed on reaching my target weight so I’ll keep going till I do, I hope God will help me in my journey and give me the strengths to not given up.
Physically I feel my arms very weak, I was drying my hair yesterday and I had to take breaks here and there, the air dryer felt too heavy; I don’t have issues with my legs though, I can walk – slowly maybe, but for long time. I was thinking on going to the gym from today on, just to do some light exercise, to keep the lymphatic system moving and facilitate my weight loss a bit more.
My tongue feels still awful but it’s not that white-coated anymore, I’m wondering if this is a sign that my detox process is going well. My sleep is still very bad, I sleep and wake up during the night constantly, I know my body has high levels of cortisol at the moment, so sleeping deeply is not going to happen, but after all I don’t feel much tired in the morning anyway; I would rather sleep all night though, I have to admit it.
During this past weekend, I took some supplements: Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium + D3, Vitamins B100 Complex, Vitamin E, Probiotics and Omega 3, not all in once, spread during the 2 days. I was concerning if, all this drinking, can affect my electrolytes and create a vitamin deficiency; also my eye lids were twitching, which is usually not a good sign. I will take some more tomorrow too, maybe every other day or so, it depends on how I feel. During a prolonged Fast you really need to listen closely to your body, how you feel is extremely important, especially if the Fast is not medically supervised, it can be very dangerous if anything happens.
Yesterday evening I was watching a video of a girl (most probably with an eating disorder), that was doing 3 Water Fasts of 40 days each, one after the other one, with just 4 days of refeeding. She became bone and skin eventually, but one thing that shocked me was that she was mentioning on breaking her 40-days fast with a steak! A steak! That’s just crazy for me, how come people cannot understand that the digestive system needs to wake up again after 40-days being dormant? How can you possibly expect that a steak will be digested normally, when nothing was in your stomach for 40 days?! Just crazy, if I can give my opinion, people are gambling with their health and it’s unfair to our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment