Thursday 28 February 2019

2019 Fast 3.0 - Dry Fast Day #6

136 hours into the Dry Fast - 66.55Kg (146.41lb)
I'm finally into my Day #6, still doing well, I don't feel thirsty and my dry mouth is still bearable. I started to have a bit of sense of dryness while talking this morning, but not a major issue yet, I can still talk properly without affecting my speech.
This afternoon after work, I have to go to the banquet hall for my second job, it will be interesting to see my body reaction to a 6-hours no stop walking activity and heavy lifting. I'm usually extremely thirsty when I work at the banquet hall, and right now I'm already dehydrated, so let's see if I will compromise the length of my fast or I'll endure this fasting state. I hope the latter.
Usually at the banquet hall there's ton of free food that is always tempting, but this time I'm bringing with me two containers, to save my meals and bring it home to my family (hoping the picky eaters will like everything).
This morning, when I was walking to work, I was trying to do deep breathing and inhale a bit of the cold air (we are at -12°C today) to hydrate myself - since it's enough humid outside. Unfortunately there's lot of pollution in the downtown core and the deep breathe is not always a pleasant experience. When I'm fasting, my sense of smell is really enhanced, I also enjoy smelling food from everywhere, I can easily distinguish the type of ingredients used in the dishes. My mother had a coconut cookie the other day, and I could smell the coconut even after half hour that she had it.
I enjoy preparing food for my family, it keeps me busy and it helps me not to think much about cooking and eating; somehow I participate to the meal with them without missing the whole experience.
Last night was a sleepless night, I think I slept only 3/4 hours - I hate when I'm turning and tossing in my bed without chances to rest properly. This was the first time, during this Dry Fast, that my sleep was affected. I do feel better this time around, and I'm confident I can keep this fast longer than previously planned.
My mental clarity is not there yet, sometimes I'm wondering if it will ever come during the Dry Fast - since I cannot fast for too many days - or I'm already getting the mental benefits without me fully recognize it. I can see that my speeches are just a bit better today, but I don't feel that state of mind that I get on Day 7/8 during a Water Fast.
This morning I felt, for just few seconds, a feeling in my stomach that I could have a spontaneous BM, but it didn't happen, now I'm wondering if I should do another enema - maybe tomorrow, since today I'm fully booked with my two jobs.
I believe I still have a terrible breath, I used the breath mist a couple of times yesterday, not sure how effective it is. I read on various websites and videos, that this issue should go away after few days of fasting; I'm hoping for that - it is really bad when your breath stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment