Tuesday 19 February 2019

Intermittent Fasting vs Dry Fast

It's been 5/6 days now that I am struggling on starting a new Dry Fast. I cannot tell you how tough it is to set your mind and begin a Dry Fast, I go for few hours very well, up to 24hrs and then I give up and start to drink or eat something. I tried OMAD (one meal a day) - even with Dry Fast - but for me this regiment does not work. I'm grumpy all day without food, waiting only my meal time and, regardless the fact that I eat only one meal, I still gain weight and I see same results as when I eat small meals during the whole day! WTH! Why then doing it if I don't get any benefit from? I've seen lots of videos and blogs on the Internet about OMAD and Intermittent Fasting, with people getting amazing results - very inspiring. But I guess everyone is different, my body doesn't react positively to intermittent fasting. I see better results just fasting from any sort of food or drink for prolonged time.
When done properly a Dry Fast can give you the best results you could ever dream of, the fat just comes off day by day with a constant rate. Sure, it is a short term fast, longer than a week is extremely hard to maintain, and even after 7 days the end is very close anyway. Even thinking on doing a back-to-back Dry Fasting routine is not that easy. It took me almost 5 days to rehydrate properly after my 6.5 days without food and water. Once you broke a prolonged Dry Fast, you need days before the body gets back to where it was (in terms of liquids); not to mention the physical and mental challenges on starting again a new Fast! During the week, while I'm at work I think: "maybe I need the weekend to get distracted and begin a new Fast", while when the weekend comes I think: "maybe during the week is easier since I don't have food always around me". It doesn't work like this...ever. You need to be mentally prepared to start a fast, no matter what day of the week it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment