Tuesday 26 February 2019

2019 Fast 3.0 - Dry Fast Day #4

89 hours into the Dry Fast - 68.65 Kg (151lb)
My Dry Fast is proceeding well so far. Yesterday I felt so normal that I couldn't believe myself I was Dry Fasting since 3 days. I went to the gym after work, I didn't do any strenuous exercise, just brisk walk on the thread mill, a bit of exercise for my legs and a good stretching. It was a gentle workout I would say, but I felt I needed to move in some way; I'm always sitting at my desk - so sedentary is not good for muscle sparing.
I didn't do any enema yet, but I'm planning to do it this afternoon, I have somehow a feeling that something is sitting in my colon that need to be removed.
This coming Thursday and Saturday I have to work at the banquet hall; there, I always eat so much, so late at night; there's so much free food that I always feel wasting all that goodness for nothing. But this time around I would need to bring my own plastic containers and save that food for home, bringing it to my parents - although I know they won't eat it and most likely I will throw it away.....such a waste. They're picky like small children!
Today I have a bit of dry throat, I feel it's still too early to feel thirsty, I hope this sensation will go away soon, because I want to achieve my 200-hours goal this time around. My sleep is not affected so far, which is good - I hate when I can't fall asleep at night. I'm wondering why my throat is so dry, I never experienced this dryness in my previous Dry Fasts. I guess every fast is different from another. This morning my Ketostix was showing only 40mg/dL - the ketone levels in my urine are very low, considering that I had no food and no water for more than 80 hours. Maybe my ketones are used to boost the energy in my body? I read somewhere that when the ketones are used as fuel, the concentration shown on the ketostix tends to be lower. I guess I will have a proof of that in the next couple of days, checking if the ratio changes or not. To be honest I didn't see much of a change in my weight, no matter what the scale says, I don't see myself getting thinner. I usually can tell when I'm losing weight, my face looks skinnier, my big belly slims down, and even a bit my large hips. This time is not yet happening, well after all it's just 3.5 days into this Dry Fast. Maybe after 5/6 days I will see some improvements in my appearance.
So far I'm peeing with an almost normal frequency, but definitely the amount of urine is very little. This morning my urine was a lot and it was extremely dark, like more than usual healthy colour, but I think it's normal since I'm not drinking any water - not sure if this is a sign for healthy Kidneys filtration or the opposite?

No comments:

Post a Comment