Friday 1 March 2019

2019 Fast 3.0 - Dry Fast Day #7

160 hours into the Dry Fast - 65.3 Kg (144lb)
I'm officially into Day #7 and outmatching my previous prolonged Dry Fast - which was exactly 160hrs. I feel full of energy, way more than the previous days, regardless my lack of sleep, since I was able to sleep only 2.5hrs last night. Yesterday I had to work at the banquet hall from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM; it is a no-stop work with a lot of walking and heavy lifting, but I did not feel any sign of weakness or intense thirst - I guess it was the normal one after 6 days without food or water. I was actually surprised to see how much energy I had, even after coming back home I was so chatty and happy with desire of accomplish as many tasks as I could! I removed my makeup, I took a shower and I went twice downstairs to talk to the concierge; I also had conversations with my parents showing them what I had bought during the day in my lunch break. I guess my body was using a lot of ketones for energy due to the demanding work-evening. I had a terrible sleep last night though, maybe that hyper activity affected my sleep somehow; I was able to sleep only 2.5hrs I believe, tossing and turning in my bed. This morning when I woke up I checked my Ketones with my ketostix and it was down to 50mg/dL, now I'm wondering if this was because my body was using the excess of ketones to sustain the strenuous activity. I feel well today and the energy is still pretty high; I walked to come to work at -7°C and enjoyed the whole ride, I was breathing deeply and be thankful to inhale the cold and fresh air. I could have run all the way here without issue. Human body is an amazing unpredictable machine, if it needs energy - somehow it will find it.
Yesterday while working, I wasn't tempted by the food at all; I actually used two big containers to bring home some food for my parents, I hope they will like everything, because there's food for 5 days in those containers!
At this time of the Dry Fast last time I was constantly washing my hands to feel the water running on it, I was washing my mouth to refresh and make it less dry; this time instead I don't really feel an urgent feeling to do these things; sure I like feeling the water contact, and most probably it will be nice to swish some water in my mouth, but it's not a big issue so far. Let's see how I will feel tomorrow when another 24 hours are passed. Thankfully is Friday today and, although I don't have nothing to do at work at the moment, I have the feeling the day will go fast and it will be weekend soon. I don't have many plans for this weekend; I will be working again at the banquet hall on Saturday at 5:00 PM and Sunday will be free to do some house chores and maybe a chance to go to the gym and relax. I was actually contemplating the idea to take a warm bath with Epsom salt, to help relaxation and maybe give the chance to my body to absorb some of the salt; maybe will help the dehydration and it will let me prolong this Dry Fast even more than planned. I feel so good right now that I'm sure if I broke the Fast I will lose all these benefits and I'll be back to square one, struggling to lose weight and unable to restart a new Dry Fast. It really doesn't seem a wise decision at the moment, so I'll do my best to be strong for these next few days and achieve better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment