Monday 25 February 2019

2019 Fast 3.0 - Dry Fast Day #3

66 hrs into the Dry Fast - 69.85 Kg (153.6lb)
I restarted my Dry Fast after a previous failure. It was so hard beginning a new Fast, you can't imagine how many times I started my day telling myself: "today no excuses, I'll start the Fast!", to then finding myself eating big breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner! Oh well, fortunately I was able to find enough strengths to go through the first couple of days - those are the hardest ones. I feel good so far, I did not have headaches or withdrawal / detoxing symptoms; I feel well, I'm not thirsty, not hungry and my overall energy is still pretty good. I believe I was well hydrated to be ready to start this new Dry Fast. I'm confident this can be a prolonged Dry Fast, aiming for 8/9 days if my body will let me do it.
For the first couple of days I had regular BMs, I'm urinating as usual and I think the cold weather helps with that too. I'm thinking on doing an enema, if not today I will do it tomorrow - I feel something leftover in my GI tract that I want to get rid off. I didn't check my Ketosis yet, I assume I should be already in Ketosis since all my extremities are really cold. My sleep is not majorly affected yet, I guess in a couple of days I might see changing this sleep pattern. But every Fast is different from another, this time around I feel extremely normal, my body is reacting very well from the abstinence from food and water. I know it is just 66 hrs but I can tell that I'm full of energy ...and saliva!

69 hrs into the Dry Fast - update
I went for my usual walk today for lunch, it was like I did not fast at all. My energy is normal, I'm not thirsty, not hungry; sometimes my stomach is growling - but it goes away in few seconds and it doesn't happen that often. I'm confident I can take on this Dry Fast longer than my previous one, hopefully I can reach my 200hrs goal this time around. I'm urinating less now, but I still went I think 3/4 times since this morning. I'm just bored at work, I don't know what to do and when I don't eat I have so much spare time. I wish I could go on vacation for 2 weeks. Instead I'm stuck at my desk doing absolutely nothing. My mind it not busy with anything so - of course -all my thoughts go to my Dry Fast. Yesterday I was pretty grumpy, I have to admit it. Sometimes happens in the first couple of days, the food-abstinence makes me grumpy and irritable at times. I can tell that my patience is very low, that there's one part of my brain or body that it's screaming at me like: "why are you doing this to me?! Give me food!! I'm starving here!!" - but I'm stronger than that, so I just don't listen. It's seem a torture for whom is reading, but it's all worth it. The after feeling and state of mind is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment