Monday 11 February 2019

I broke my Dry Fast again after 75 hours


After 75hrs I broke my Dry Fast...again. I was determined to go at least another 5/6 days dry fasting. However, my throat was extremely dry and my TOM just started and made me feel awful without water. So I decided to take a break from the Dry Fast and rehydrate again. Hopefully this time around I will drink plenty of water to make me feel ready to begin a new Dry Fast. My weight this morning was 66.65Kg, I lost some weight since I re-loaded the Fast, but I don't even want to think on how much it will raise till tomorrow!
My issue with water fast is that, after doing it for so many times, I cannot stay away from liquids of any sort. For example decaf coffee with cream, or my water with the VEGA electrolytes. Those are all piling up on my calories intake and jeopardizing my weight loss and my willpower on beginning a new Dry Fast.
Every Fast will bring you a desire of a missing texture, when Dry Fasting the only thing I desire is fresh water. While if I'm Water Fasting I want to have fresh juices, sometimes solid food as well. It's an escalation of desire of different textures. So dangerous when trying to create a discipline around fasting.
I had feelings my period was coming yesterday, I felt pain on my ovaries and not feeling well in general. I didn't notice the weight loss that I was expecting, and I wasn't sure why. Well, now I know - most likely my period increased the body natural reaction of retain water. I still have discomforts for the period but I have to endure this pain I guess, I'm not going to take any pill for that.
Right after I had some water and my electrolytes I had a BM, and I have to say I was surprised to see how much food waste was still in my bowel - since I did an enema yesterday morning. It might seem a gross conversation this - and I apologize for that - but when Fasting, what is in your GI tract assumes an important role in your wellbeing.
My weekend Dry Fasting was ok, I felt really weak at times and now I can tell that my lower back was bothering me a bit because of my period coming soon. I never felt hungry though, just a bit thirsty. But what bothered me the most during these 75 hours Dry Fasting, it was the feeling in my mouth. Lots of people report metal taste in the mouth because of the excess Ketones. Not that I usually eat metals - but I'm guessing that what it was. I tried to brush my teeth with Pink salt and Baking Soda, but the relief lasts only few minutes and I was back on my metal mouth. Need to add that my tongue is never been white coated, or at least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment