Wednesday 6 February 2019

Reloading My 2019 Fast - Dry/Water Fast Day #7/#8

So after 160hrs, during my Dry Fast Day #7, I broke my Fast with water. What a bummer. After my eye surgery I went back home and my mouth was so dry, I could barely talk. I couldn't resist to the desire to drink some fresh water.
Apart from my dry mouth, all my vitals were good - I didn't sleep more than 3 hours that night but I wasn't feeling tired or sleepy at all. In the contrary, after starting sipping on water, I felt so tired I had to lye in bed for most of the day. Right after drinking some water I had a lower abdominal pain and a BM, maybe I drunk the water too quickly, but it was so good drinking again that I didn't actually pay attention on how much water I was ingesting. Ideally you want to start very very slowly with water, sipping here and there only. At least for the first few hours. My sleep was much better last night, I think I slept at least 5 hours, which is a lot considering the previous nights. This morning I didn't feel very energetic, believe it or not I was feeling better during the Dry Fast. My scale reported 1Kg more than yesterday - I was expecting this gain, my body is now retaining as much water as it can! This morning after drinking a half glass of water I had again a pain in my lower abdomen, followed by another bowel movement. I don't mind cleaning up my bowel anyway, hopefully next time it comes without pain! My plans are to start again soon another Dry Fast, it is definitely better than anything else for me. Not sure why this time around my mouth was so dry, I never had this feeling before, but then again: every Fast is different from the other one. So, after breaking my Dry Fast I'm now trying to hydrate myself, as much as I can. I still feel a dry mouth if I don't drink for few hours. No I'm sipping on a glass of 30% coconut water and 70% smart water, hopefully it will boost my hydration without compromising much my Ketosis. Strangely when I drink I feel suddenly a slight pain in my Kidneys area, maybe they're slowly waking up, I should have started with the Baking Soda / ACV mix to remove some acidity from my Kidneys, not sure if I'm saying something that makes sense though. Let's see how long it will take me to feel hydrated again.
Dry Fast Day #7 - 66.6 Kg (Dry Fast broken with Water only)
Water Fast / Refeed Day #8 - 67.6 Kg   

No comments:

Post a Comment