Thursday 7 February 2019

2019 Fast 2.0 - Dry Fast Day #1

15 hrs into the Dry Fast - 68.7 Kg (151lb)
Yesterday - while I was trying to rehydrate myself - I decided to do a small reefed, my body was asking for food, although not feeling hungry per se. So I had a Starbucks decaf coffee with cream in the morning and that lead me to an Organic Broccoli soup for lunch and big Greek yogurt with black cherries and some mango for the supper. Of course my scale this morning reported an extra Kg, but it was expected - culprit both water retention and food in my bowel. Last night at around 11:00 PM I did have some lower abdomen pain and a small BM, I think I shouldn't have had the solid mango quite yet, in my defense though I tried to chew it as much as I could before swallowing it.
This morning I'm starting a new Dry Fast and I'm really excited for it, sure I have often temptations of delaying my begin, but I'm trying to be strong, ketones are still running in my body so I want to take advantage of it. Next week maybe I'll have another small reefed like this one. Let's see how my Dry Fast will proceed. One thing that I'm fascinated about the Dry Fast is the desire of the body to feel fresh water running on my skin. This is such a normal daily action to which we do not pay much attention. We quickly wash our hands and go. While Dry Fasting for few days, this ritual becomes a treat for the skin, you would never leave that fresh running water, as it was actually drinking through the pores. Believe it or not, I cannot wait to have that feeling again, it is - in a contradictory way - ...addictive!
This past Dry Fast was for me really tough, compared my previous one. My mouth never felt so dry before, I started to have that mouth-feeling after four days or so. It never happened before, I'm wondering if it could be related to the season (heat constantly on in my condo)? I believe it impacted the duration of my fast, I could not handle anymore that dry mouth. I have the feeling that this coming new Dry Fast won't be that long either, I don't know if I'm fully rehydrated, my body will start to demand water pretty soon, and the dreaded Dry Mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment