Tuesday 20 September 2016

HCG Diet - Bad habits and lack of energy

Based on my ideal world I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday, but really I wasn't in the mood after my night at the Ukrainian Beer Festival volunteering. It was not tiring but just a late night and feeling in need of sleeping over. Ok, yes there was also a component of slackness I admit it. I also had plans for the afternoon so for me – that I like to wind down on Sundays, it was too much to handle – sometimes I think I'm getting old; I never been so lazy in my entire life, but I also believe that these bad habits are just ….habits. If you let yourself being a couch potato for long enough that will be normality in your life, the comfort activity that we look forward to every day, feeling out of place if missing.
Sometimes I try to read my body signals and understand why I'm becoming so lazy, I still love to do the same things, I just need an extra stimulus to do it. When I was living in Rome every weekend I had my fixed schedule: going to the hair salon on Saturday morning, grocery shopping in the afternoon, cooking and TV in the evening (sometimes of course dates and friends/family get-together but not that often). Sunday morning were always dedicated to my house cleaning and related OCD activities, I always loved going shopping so often I was going to various malls, IKEA and places around the city to find a new store or a good deal, I never minded driving in Rome on weekends, it was not crazy like business days rush hours. But now, all those things that I use to do feel like a dream, that I could never find that much energy to do what I used to do. Not to mention that for years here in Canada I had a part-time second job as server that kept me awake till 3:00/4:00 AM sometimes, and I had no days off for months! Crazy just trying to convince myself that it was actually me doing that.
But my question here is: could this lack of energy due to my low calories intake? Are my adrenals getting maxed up because of the HCG Diet? Well I hope not, because based on my calculation I will be doing this VLCD for at least another month, my weight loss rate is extremely low and at this pace, I will never reach my goal in less than 30/35 days – that if I assume an average of 200gr of weight loss per day (pretty optimistic scenario).

No comments:

Post a Comment