Monday 26 September 2016

HCG Diet - Avoiding fruit to remove sugar cravings

Last week one of my coworkers here in office brought me a little bag of apples that she got at the farmer's market during the weekend. Although I appreciated much the gesture those apples caused me lots of issues during the days I was eating them, so much that now I had to cut completely any type of fruit from my HCG Diet. The problem that I have with apples is common to many HCG-ers, and maybe other dieters I don't know. Apples are very sweet and high in carbs, even with just having one apple a day my cravings curbed uncontrollably; I started to crave sugar more and more, I had an ice-cream on Saturday, the coconut chocolate bar that was in my drawer on Friday, I had a chocolate protein bar on Sunday as well as tons of pecans and almonds mixed with cocoa and my Greek yogurt last night. I couldn't stand the urge of eating sugar, the more I was desiring the more Stevia I was drinking to cope with my cravings, it was terrible, and because of all these bad food choices I had over the weekend, I did not take HCG yesterday and also it's been now 2/3 days without me checking my weight. The psychological impact on seeing the scale going up would be devastating to me, so I'm holding for now and trying to get back into ketosis and strict HCG Diet, or as they call it: POPPerfect On Protocol.
From now on - and most likely for the whole P2 phase - I will not have fruit, instead I'm adding plain 0% Greek yogurt, here and there, but just ¼ of a cup as breakfast snack and maybe late night treat. I'm not concerned much about the missing fruit really, because I know that without fruit and grissini or Melba toast, I can have an extra serving of vegetables without compromising my weight loss. This morning for breakfast I had half peeled cucumber, it was absolutely delicious, but of course when you're hungry everything taste good!
Right now is almost lunch time and I'm starving, not sure if it's a HCG dosage issue or just the recent changes I had in my diet, I'm trying to drink something without Stevia but really this coffee is absolutely disgusting, so much that my water in comparison never tasted so good instead. I know that takes time to get used to a new flavour, to trick your brain on what it is expecting to drink and what I am actually drinking, but maybe I should not start with coffee, maybe the various types of sweet teas could work better in this adaptation phase. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment