Wednesday 3 September 2014

My first week on Dr Bernstein Diet

Tomorrow will be one week since I started Dr Bernstein Diet, so far I lost roughly 2 Kg, but it's been a good experience overall.

Friday I felt very weak the whole day, with a strong pain in my neck and back, Saturday morning I woke up a bit later than usual, shaking. I guess my body was still not adjusted to the sugar withdrawal or simply craving food. I could tell when the supplements kicked in, my energy level drastically increased.

I've to say from Sunday I feel much better, maybe it's true what they say: the first 3 days in the Diet are the worse, after that it gets easier. At least for me it was like that. Now I prepare my meals, I eat, I don't feel hungry, I'm learning how to drink water in the first part of the day, rather than the evening so I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night to use the washroom.

Today I went in for my usual double-injections and the weigh-in, I got for the first time the injection on my abdomen (it hurts no question about it); after I left the clinic – basically 3 minutes after the injections – I could feel the injection going through my body and it made me feel dizzy, I got a bit scared at the begin, I didn't know what could be the effect of such type of injection in my belly. But nothing happened, I felt ok few minutes later, walking to go to my office.

I see lots of people coming in the clinic as me and they all try to remove every item they can to weigh less. I personally remove only my shoes, but just because they ask me for and the girl that reads my weight on the scale, she asks me every time if I want to remove my sweater. Honestly my necklace and my watch are way heavier than my little sweater - so I don't. I wear a little sweater every day, as well as jewelry and my watch, it won't change anything.

I find that for some people this accountability is extremely crucial in the weight loss program, which I understand, but everything should start from inside first. There's no cheating here, if you do you're cheating to yourself, I think it's not a wise idea basing our weight loss Diet on the accountability factor, anyone will gain back all the lost pounds as soon as the Diet ends and the trips to the clinic stop.

It must to be a personal decision. I don't see any accountability factor in my Diet, I see ONLY a medically supervised program, I need 3 days a week of visits to take under control my ketosis not an angry nurse that is preaching me why I didn't lose any pound in the past 2 days, I'm doing it for myself and nobody else.


Just to clarify something that I often read on other blogs about Dr. Bernstein Diet, the nurses in my clinic are extremely kind and sweet; I never had any issue with them so I have to say that it's not always true, everyone has different experience I guess, mine has been positive so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment