Friday 26 September 2014

Maintenance Consultation

Yesterday I went to the clinic for my Maintenance Consultation. The nurse was kind of bored to go through the information regarding the plan but hey I guess it's her job. She was basically reading the little booklet – which she gave me at the end – any question I was trying to ask her was answered with a: "it's explained in the booklet for you to read…", I guess they could save some time to these nurses and just give us the booklet!

Anyhow, the Maintenance Program re-introduces some new types of allowed food, slowly, week after week. I'll be down to one fruit serving though, but the Protein intake will go from 7oz to 8/10oz, possibly divided in 3 portions during the day with a 4 hours interval between each other. Positive thing of the maintenance Program is having unlimited vegetables, not any type of vegetables of course but lots that I like, even eggplants in the first week.

One smart thing mentioned in the booklet is that is better to separate all the meal in many small meals during the day, rather than 2/3 big ones. It makes sense, having a huge lunch or dinner will not help maintaining the weight, it makes more sense to eat every 2 hours or so or whenever I feel hungry, of course without exceeding the recommended portions.

I'm happy to know that I can still have my 250ml of Jell-O and a new addition will be a free 110g of Plain 0% Yogurt that I could have for breakfast with my warm apple and cinnamon. I can now enjoy a bit more the rest of the Protein serving through the day.


I'm not ready to go to maintenance yet though, I want to reach my goal first, for them is around 120 pounds but for me is 53 Kg which should be just a bit less of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment