Monday 8 September 2014

Monday - weigh in Day

With an average of 500 Calories per day I am still not able to lose a single pound! I can't explain myself what could be. The nurse this morning was telling me that it could be normal, due to water retention…well nothing else, she actually did not give me any other logical explanation to that.

Their scale said I lost some weight from Friday; but I don't find it relevant for the daily food intake that I'm having. Tomorrow I've my first visit with a doctor at the Dr Bernstein clinic, I will mention to him this thing as well, and I'd like to see his suggestions too.

 Yesterday I skipped 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of vegetables, I was starving when I went to bed, I even had 3L of water and I was working all day around the house as well as shopping here and there, however this morning my scale displayed the exact amount as yesterday. I regretted not eating all my servings though, this will slow down my metabolism and a slow metabolism is not good, ever!

One thing that I decided to buy is the Ketone sticks (Ketostix), I did a research online and they are available in any pharmacy for few bucks and no prescription required, I'll try monitoring my ketones during the days that I don't go to the clinic and between evening and morning to see if I'm burning fat or not.

Today I also decided to take a different approach with my food, spreading all that I eat during the day, even if I'm still enjoying what I'm eating and I'm not full at all, I'll stop and save something for later, I'll try to plan to eat every 2 hours or so if I can, like with a piece of fruit, a raw vegetable or simply some of the Goldfish that I like so much. Maybe pushing my metabolism higher is the key!

I had another abdominal injection this morning and strangely – well at least for me – the nurse asked me if I had already started to do some exercises to improve my abdominal muscles. Although it made perfect sense for me this question, I was surprised, definitely I felt ashamed of my lack of exercise but eager to have a different answer next time someone will ask me this same question.
I've to say that they do not suggest doing any weight lifting, only simple exercises and low-cardio workout, I did went to a Yoga class on Saturday!

Injections in the abdomen hurt like hell, why deny it, but I'm hoping to lose my stubborn fat in that area, so far I had 3 injections on my belly and, apart from the first time, I did not see any improvement, most probably I'll go back on doing injections in my butt; they're definitely less painful and I've lots to lose there too.

One thing that I'm noticing with this Dr. Bernstein Diet is that really the food becomes an obsession, only I can think now is cooking, Dieting, extra kilos on my body and injections. I'm not going crazy, or at least is not Diet's fault if I am, but the privation of such an innate pleasure really gives you internal frustration. I would go all day without eating if I was working hard and not even noticing, even more if I was out shopping. But with this diet you look at food differently, you're tempted by EVERYTHING. Lately one of my cravings is nachos with guacamole, who could ever tell?! Me, a chocaholic that is craving for chips? I never liked chips but now, every time I see a commercial or a sign showing nachos I think about my avocados and how I'd love to dip into a big bowl of guacamole! Crazy yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment