Friday 4 January 2019

Ready to begin my new 2019 Fast


I decided to begin my Salt Water Fast tomorrow. This morning I went to take blood and urine samples to see how are my values on the before-fasting; I’ll check it out again once completed my fast.
I also took some (not so great) pictures last night; I had to do it in the washroom due to my parents being in my place at the moment. I planned on monitoring my blood pressure and glucose levels as well. I downloaded an app where I can add all my entries going forward; it has nice statistic features like the one below.
 

During this Fast I will try to consume Salt Water, so to prevent flushing out all my electrolytes. To be honest, I don’t recall having such big issues during my first 24 days Water Only Fast; sure I was feeling weak and dizzy from time to time, but never had any serious issue that prevented me to continue my fast – and I know I could’ve kept on fasting for another few weeks! The only thing I don’t like of a Fast is the lack of sleep, but apparently it should get better with the weeks if I keep on replenish my salt intakes. Let’s hope for the best.
Tomorrow is Saturday and I planned on starting this new 2019 Fasting journey with a Dry Fast. I didn’t fast dry since long time and I look forward on completing at least a week. Dry Fasting is so much easier than Water Fasting – I don’t have to wake up multiple times in the middle of the night.
Doctors here are really ignorant and – in my experience – most of the times useless! When I went to ask for my blood work, in the walk-in clinic, I found a young doctor (20ish year old girl with a huge ego apparently); when she asked me of why fasting – I don’t think she was actually listening to me saying: for
  • the mental clarity
  • the autophagy
  • to promote blood sugar control by reducing Insulin resistance
  • to promote better health by fighting inflammation
  • to enhance heart health by improving blood pressure, Triglycerides and Cholesterol levels
  • to boost brain function and prevent neurodegenerative disorders
  • to aids weight loss by limiting calorie intake
  • to increase Growth Hormone secretion
  • to delay aging and extend longevity
     
she was just waiting to say: as doctor I don’t agree with this Fast, you can get dehydrated; and then she left saying: have fun! How professional right?

No comments:

Post a Comment