Wednesday 23 January 2019

Reloading my Fast-2019

To be honest, I do not recall why I broke my fast. Sure, Dry Fasting cannot be done for too long but I was thinking of keep on going with regular salt-water Fast. What did I do to change my mind and reefed I can't tell exactly. Nevertheless I wasted, as my usual, all those nicely done Dry Fasted days. I'm back again now, with same weight as I started - hopefully not more than that. During these past few days after breaking my Dry Fast I had my TOM and I even got a bad flu with annoying cough. I'm still recovering from my flu but I am beginning a new Dry Fast and I know it will help me feeling better in just two days, given the time to my body to heal itself.  
I don't know the precise time when I stopped drinking, I think I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and I sip a bit of water last night, maybe around 11:00PM. So, for measurement purposes I would assume my Dry Fast started at midnight, and here's my journal.
Dry Fast Day #1 - 11.5hrs - 73.8 Kg
So far I have a mild headache, I felt extremely hungry this early morning, just for a couple of minutes, but it was a strong hunger wave. Now I don't feel thirsty nor hungry. I'm thinking that the cause of my morning hunger was my yesterday's high carbs meal. High fat food would have been a smarter option. I have to admit I feel very vulnerable at the moment, anything could jeopardize my Fast; same reason why I had to wait two weeks before trying again and Fast. I need to stay away from food and food-related thoughts or I will be wondering why I broke my fast....again! I want to add that I got delayed this time around, so the fault is not 100% mine, maybe just 95%! I had this crazy idea to find a weight loss buddy, to feel motivated during my fasting journey and for accountability purposes I thought that could help all of us. So I found a girl, very nice with similar goals as mine - maybe not fully into fasting but ok on trying and doing some IF here and there. Well she kept on postponing the day for our first check-in and I kept on setting my mind as that would be Day #1 for me and my fast. But she never wanted to meet me seriously so I gave up on her eventually and I started fasting alone - believe it or not I'm more reliable alone!
Dry Fast Day #1 - 14hrs - 73.8 Kg
My headache is a bit stronger now, temptations of eating are a lot, I'm trying to be strong but it's not easy. It's not the actual food the temptation for breaking a fast, it's all psychological. After all I'm not hungry, I have just headache. Sometimes I think if I could lose weight differently, without fasting but I personally can't. I tried many times, I can be disciplined for few days, a solid week and then a weekend or 2/3 days can screw up all my sacrifices in no time and I'm back to square one. Plus the weight loss is so slow and I'm always starving and feeling deprived. It is not sustainable for me long term. I really admire people that can do it for months and months. Kudos to them. I have to endure this pain through the first few days. I need to reach day 7/8 for me to be super strong about refeeding.
Dry Fast Day #1 - 15.5hrs - 73.8 Kg
This morning I checked my weight and it was on a scary 73.85Kg, now I have this new scale that tracks also BMI and BF% - but I don't think is very precise. I don't check my weight when I'm not fasting and this is a bad thing, because I let myself go, I don't want to know how much I weigh, but instead I should face my fears and be honest on how fat I'd become. My stomach is growling a bit now, I don't feel much hungry and definitely not thirsty, but it's just few hours into this Dry Fast. Yesterday I wan mentioning to my mother that I will not go with them to Italy if my weight doesn't change. I don't feel comfortable to see anyone like this. It's something that nobody can understand but me. If I don't go my parents will be very disappointed because they're counting on my help to reach the destination city there. Every day my goal seems so far away and I don't have enough time to reach the weight that I want to be in. I hope I'll have enough strengths in the next weeks to persist in my diet journey. After all nothing happens overnight, I need to be strong.
Dry Fast Day #1 - 17.5hrs - 73.8 Kg
Today is not the day of when I quit! Today I will keep on going. Today I want to be determined on starting for good this new 2019 Prolonged Fast. I want to be strong and keep on going. I know it's tough in the first few days, but it's even harder for me waking up so fat every morning and coming to work with nothing in my wardrobe that fits. I don't want to give up on myself, I do not want to quit. I'm not hungry, there's no reason for me to break this Fast. Days will pass and so my KG on the scale. I want to see myself skinnier again, I hate myself in this way and every time I wonder how I let my body becoming like this without stopping and fasting earlier!?!
Dry Fast Day #2 - 37hrs - 72.7 Kg
The first day has passed, not without issues but it's gone and now I have to focus only on keep on going. I don't feel thirsty nor hungry at the moment, I do not have headache fortunately. I slept very well last night and I don't feel any sign of the Fast - like weakness or dizziness. I'm aiming for a week or so but, maybe keep on the open-ended side for now. It depends on how I feel. In any case, if a rehydration on water is required I'll do it for a max of 24 hours and then back into Dry Fast. If you think about, there's nothing better than Dry Fasting when fighting fat! The fat cells are mostly water, and when we Dry Fast that water is used as metabolic water to hydrate the body. I'm working towards my goal of eliminating this fat and also hydrating myself! I think... 
Dry Fast Day #2 - 43hrs - 72.7 Kg
I'm almost at the end of my working day and I cannot wait to go home and rest. I don't feel tired but my lower back hurts a bit, I'm wondering if it could be related to the need of releasing something from my GI tract. I had some vaginal discharge today, I think is because I'm a bit dehydrated, not sure though. I really don't feel hungry, not even thirsty. My mouth fortunately is still in good shape (regarding the white-coated issue) nothing so far, and I hope it will stay like this for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment