Monday 7 January 2019

Dry Fasting - Day by Day journal

Dry Fast Day #3 - 60 hours
My Dry Fast is started, fortunately with just a mild headache on day one, I don't have any withdrawal symptoms at the moment. I'm not thirsty nor hungry, my ketosis this morning was on a good 60 mg/dL, pretty high for Day #3. I'm regularly checking also my blood pressure and it's still in normal ranges - I do feel heart beating faster sometimes and a strange hot-weakness-feeling, but apparently those symptoms are not related to the blood pressure, otherwise I should see a spike somewhere.
I'm aiming on doing at least 7 days Dry Fasting; results on this type of Fast are always remarkable for me.
On Day #1 I also took my glucose level, so I can compare it with the value after a week of fasting. It will be interesting to see the difference between regular eating, dry fasting and water fasting - how my blood glucose level is affected by these types of fast. I feel my arms a bit weak, maybe a bit less than usual, I'm sure I will feel better once I resume water and electrolytes. I'm not urinating often, however, I lost already 2.6 Kg (5.7lb) - which mostly would be liquid I guess. My weight loss will slow down soon I'm sure - but it's ok, I'm always worried when I see my body losing weight that quickly, because I know it will regain back everything at higher speed!
I can feel that I'm already dehydrated, at the end of day one I had some vaginal discharge, very common when I do a Dry Fast. Now it is almost disappeared though, I guess my body is adjusting to the fasting state. This time around my tongue is not getting white coated, or at least not yet; it doesn't even bother me so far, which is a huge plus for me that I could not stand at all the coated tongue feeling, I hated and I believe often it was the reason for me to break a fast.
Dry Fast Day #3 - 60 hours
I went downstairs for a walk during lunch time; at the begin I thought I would not be able to walk much and feel weak. Not at all actually, I felt normal as every other day. But then again, I should remind myself that is not even 3 full days without water/food, it is not that much. I'm sure I have enough fat on me that could be metabolized to create water and food for my body! Sometimes I feel a little pain on my kidneys area, not sure if it's my posture on my chair or my kidneys being stressed by the fast. I should check my glucose tonight, to see how it is - I'm very curious. I don't feel thirsty nor hungry, I didn't have any stomach growling wave today, I believe. My ketosis is helping me a lot I know. I think I can easily go over 100 hours with this Dry Fast, at least right now I feel perfectly normal, not even my tongue is bothering me!
Dry Fast Day #4 - 84 hours
My Dry Fasting is going well so far, I'm starting to feel my mouth a bit dry, but nothing unbearable. Yesterday I checked my blood glucose and was 81 mg/dL, compared to the 85 mg/dL before starting the Fast - not a big decrease really.
My Ketosis was really good this morning, 80 mg/dL, I guess is similar than checking it through my blood. I bought a new scale, with the BMI/FAT % calculation, but I'm not sure it's really accurate, it was showing almost 50% body fat, I don't believe I'm on this high percentage. I am not obese and I workout regularly - but who knows. I'm thinking on doing an enema soon, I don't have any discomfort but just wondering what's doing all that food stuck in my GI tract, I would like to get rid of it. I believe I lost another 3lb since yesterday, my old scale was inaccurate, let's say a Kg less than the real weight (deceiving!) - this scale is precise I am sure, so I will need another few days to see how my body weight fluctuates. I check also my blood pressure afternoon and morning, still in good ranges, I did not see any change after starting the Fast; well it's been only 3.5 days after all. Dry Fasting is great to lose weight, in less than four days I have already lost 9 lb! I wish I could keep this pace; I can see even on my face the fat melting away! Aiming for the full week, wish me luck!
Dry Fast Day #4 - 89 hours
I went for a quick walk today at lunch time, I wanted to checkout a couple of stores to see if I could find electrolytes powder that doesn't have too many ingredients, rather than just Calcium, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium and other vitamins. My search failed anyway; I should buy the Snake Juice packages on amazon but I'm not interested yet on spending money. I found in a grocery store a salt with half Potassium Chloride, so for now I'll use that one. My mouth is getting dry now, I don't have a pleasant feeling but I'm not actually thirsty. I'm planning on outmatching my second longest Dry Fast, which was 136 hrs, hopefully I will feel good to reach the 140 hours mark. The results with a Dry Fast are amazing and I want to take this opportunity to shed some of my unwanted fat.
Dry Fast Day #5 - 108 hours
I'm now on over 100 hours Dry Fasting, and still amazed on how much weight I lost so far! Since I started I'm now down 5 Kg (11 lb) in just 108 hours! Sure some of this weight loss is water weight, but there's no way I lost 5 Kg of water, some must be fat. My ketosis is still around 80 mg/dL, which is definitely good, but just wondering if the Ketostix shouldn't be darker since I'm Dry Fasting for so long. Yesterday I did an enema, I really didn't want to leave any unwanted stool sitting in my colon - perhaps poisoning my body. I felt much lighter after, I did not have any feeling of BM though, just being conscious. Today I'm thinking on breaking my Dry Fast with ACV, Baking Soda and just a bit of water; after that I will resume drinking water with the 50/50 salt / Potassium mix that I bought the other day. Hopefully my body won't retain too much water with all this sudden salt intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment