Wednesday 24 August 2016

HCG Diet - VLCD#16 Can I change my life for food?

Another check-in today to track my progress with the HCG Diet; I registered a weight loss today or - released some fat - how they say, so everything is good.
Weight loss process is usually with a downtrend in any diet: you lose a lot of weight to start with, and then things tend to slow down. Plateaus are more frequent, cravings are stronger and general motivation is not always 100% positive like the beginning. But – as I always say to myself – that's part of the game, so I try to not lose focus on what I'm doing and for what.
In the past few days I had lots of food temptations, and literally I had to repeat in my mind: food not allowed, carbs carbs, sugar sugar. I know the effect of the sugar has on me and I don't want to go down that path, plus we all need to learn to avoid junk food anyway, regardless what type of Diet or food restriction we're following. It is a life change, contrary to other diets that I tried so far, HCG Diet makes you feel so good that you learn on loving your body, in a different way, realizing that we really are what we eat.
In the past, every time I heard: it's not just a Diet but it's a life change, I've been always afraid of what I would need to do to change my life. Hey people don't change their life from dusk to down, it requires trials and errors and most importantly: determination and commitment.
With the HCG Diet is a natural process, if done properly this Diet will reward you so much that you would be asking yourself how I ate so badly till now? The fat is not just lost, is redistributed in a different way on your body. It was clear since the first few days, that my weight loss was mostly affecting those areas where stored fat gets stuck forever, so difficult to get rid of. I took measurements after a couple of weeks and I saw no changes in areas where I did not have that much to lose and great numbers on others where my biggest problems are – never happened with previous diets.
One of the biggest mistakes that dieters do very often is thinking that, when the diet is over, we will be allowed to eat whatever we want. Unfortunately that's not entirely true. For some people is ok having a piece of cake once in a while, without affecting the results; but, for most of us, and I would include myself in the crowd, in order to be successfully on maintaining the weight loss, we just need to kiss goodbye to a lot of food, all those carbs that might trigger a spiral of overeating and sense of failure. There are moments in everyone's life when food is a comfort, it's our escape from reality, it is a warm hug, and a way to say to ourselves that we need love/attention and only there…eating the whole cake can fill that emptiness. Unfortunately 99.9% of the time we always regret doing it though, question is: why then we keep on doing it? Why I can just say to myself that I don't need food to feel better, I need a healthy body and be able to look at myself in the mirror and not feel miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment