Tuesday 5 March 2019

2019 Fast 3.0 - I broke my fast at 190 hours (8th day)

After almost 8 days (190hrs) I decided to break my Dry Fast. This was the longest Dry Fast I ever done till today. I was aiming for the 200hrs, I was so close. However, in the morning - while I was driving around my parents - I felt my eyes really dry, I couldn't even see very well; so worried I thought it was time to end this journey.
I broke the Dry Fast with a bit of baking soda and ACV, waited half hour or so and started to drink water. My kidneys were hurting me a bit, I had a BM right away, not a pleasant one. But what was more concerning to me is that I got an UTI right away, with blood in my urine and a strong burning sensation. I'm sure I was dehydrated - but it's so fascinating to me to see how, in the presence of water, all infections come back to life! I t was also a cold snowy day, it might have affected the overall reaction. I didn't have any type of food that day, just plenty of water. I had to work in the afternoon, so I was a bit concerned on eating anything that could cause and urgent need to use the bathroom. The afternoon working was demanding, by the end of the night I was drained, my arms felt really weak bringing around those big trays, but I managed to do it after all. The day after I reported 1Kg water weight gain, which it was expected I guess. After almost 8 days without water my body was holding as much as it could! On Sunday - Refeeding Day #2 - I had a papaya smoothie and a broccoli soup, all of that made me gain another 2lb unfortunately, I should also count the food in my bowel, since I didn't have any BM in those 2 days. Yesterday (day #3 after breaking the DF) I had stomach issues; I guess, as my usual, I ate too much and my shrinked stomach didn't like it. I tried to have mostly liquids in these past 3 days, but I don't think I achieved my goal. Today I wanted to start again another round of a Dry Fast but I feel my mouth really dry, that's a sign that I still need water to be able to begin a new prolonged Dry Fast. It's really easy gaining weight, sure after no food, no water I should have just a tiny meal here and there, without stuffing myself like a pig. This morning I was back on 67.7Kg on my scale, which is devastating for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment