Thursday 28 March 2019

2019 Fast 4.0 - Dry Fast Day #3

64 hours into the Dry Fast
I finally started a new Dry Fast. After a lot of struggles I was able to find internal motivation and stay away from food and water. Now let's see if I can make 10 days Dry Fasting this time around. I didn't check my weight yet, I wasn't feeling in the mood to get depressed by my scale....so I postponed this ungracious event for Day 7/8. I did check my Ketosis this morning and I'm happy to report a high level of ketones after just 50 hours or so into the Fast! It usually takes me 3/4 days before I see the ketostix changing colour - not to mention that I went to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet the night before, for my mother's birthday celebration!
This morning when I woke up I felt a bit weak, my hands were shaking, so I checked my blood pressure and it was a bit low, still in a normal range though. My tongue is a bit white coated, I'm wondering if my body is detoxifying from all the crap I ate lately. I was having two packs of coconut cookies per day - and those were just snacks! Of course now I'm fat like a poor fattening pig close to be slaughtered.
This will be an open ended Dry Fast, aiming for 10 Days but if I can reach two weeks it will be even better!
I'm flying to Italy on April 8th and I have no plans on refeeding before that day anyway.
The only thing I am worried about is the fact that my mouth and tongue feel already very dry - and I didn't even completed my Day #3 just yet. I hope it will not get worse with the days. In the morning I was having mucus in my mouth, I'm wondering if this is a good sign - that the Dry Fast is cleaning and detoxing my body. My sleep is still good, I didn't have any issue on sleeping all night without interruptions. I'm also urinating as usual, less quantity maybe.
I'm thinking on doing an enema soon, I think I still have a lot of food in my GI tract - I want to clean that too and avoid bacteria overgrowth for the lack of bowel movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment