Tuesday 14 May 2019

2019 Fast 5.0 - Dry Fast Day #2

35 hours into the Dry Fast - 72.7 Kg
After struggling for so long, I was finally able to begin a new Dry Fast, hopefully I can beat a new record this time around - aiming for 14 days!
Last night my sleep was not great and I had a terrible headache for most of the afternoon and evening. I woke up at around 2:00 AM and did not fall asleep till 4:30 AM or so, I was just tossing and turning in my bed. When I went to sleep I was extremely nauseous, I felt I was going to vomit for sure. But then it passed, I forced myself to stay in bed and to try sleeping on my pounding headache and my nausea, and it helped after all. I had weird dream in my few hours asleep, something that I usually don't experience on fed days, and not for sure so early into the Dry Fast.
Energy wise I'm still in a normal state, I don't feel thirsty at all - just a bit of grumbling stomach, but not hungry per se. I didn't check my Ketosis yet but I feel particularly cold today, wondering if it's the weather or my Ketones are rising up.
Every Fast is different from another one and this time, I feel I'm having stronger detox symptoms, maybe because I waited too long to start a new Fast (after all my eating habits are not bad and definitely not changed from any previous Dry Fast).
I have gained a lot of weight in these past few months, always procrastinating my fast and believing I can lose weight by just eating less. Sure it might help for a week or so but then, I'm back on square one with even more pounds to lose than before. I'm tired of this yo-yo dieting that I'm doing, I should find a way to maintain all I lose during my fasts.
I found a couple of motivations this time around though. The first one is to meet again an old friend...that never seen me so fat, so I want to look better for him but mostly feel better with myself. Another one is because I look much older with all this extra weight on me, I can see on how people interact with me. Summer is coming soon and I don't want to hide again under extra large maxi shirts and leggings, I want to be able to wear again all my beautiful dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment