Thursday 6 July 2017

My mistakes after breaking a prolonged Dry Fast

After few failed attempts I finally found the strengths to start a new prolonged Dry Fast. I managed my refeeding process very poorly last week after completing my 6 days with no food and no water. In my defense I have to say that I broke my Dry Fast as planned, drinking Coconut Water, Bone Broth and I had 2 soups and 2 mud puddings to go easy with my digestive system. Even Coconut water was giving me diarrhea so I couldn’t eat anything solid anyway.
Unfortunately the long weekend out of the country came by and all my good intentions were out of the window, sabotaged also by my man and his food obsession. I started to eat whatever I wanted from the menus, without not even thinking that my metabolism was too slow to manage all that food. My boyfriend started also to ask me if I wanted an ice-cream, a chocolate bar or anything sweet every five minutes! It was exhausting, he knew I didn’t want to fall back into my dirty habits, but this didn’t stop him to keep on buying me junk food in any occasion. At some point I felt he was doing it in purpose so I can gain weight and eat more than him, so he wouldn’t feel guilty with his food pleasures.
Although I broke my Dry Fast on Wednesday morning, I felt that I was still detoxing on Saturday and partially also Sunday. I had lots of BMs, due also to the pudding I guess but I certainly noticed a difference. Still today, my digestive tract is efficient, and I’m eating very bad in the past few days – just to mention yesterday I had a big Toblerone with crunchy almonds, a full bag of praline Pecans, 2 double OH!Henry and 2 Hershey white chocolate big bars, not to mention 4 McDonalds English Muffin sandwiches and a wrap, oh I also had some Coconut Water and my mud pudding at the end of the day. I know - I am ashamed of myself.
Today I was thinking that it’s been months since I didn’t go to a store to do grocery, since last time I cooked something for myself, like a salad or one of my favourite Raw Vegan sauces. I’m always struggling to stay away from food and then I see my man and I’m off the wagon again. I don’t want to stay on diet forever, I want a healthy relationship with food and, although I believe keeping Fasting as part of my life, it’s not easy doing a prolonged Fast, days feel like weeks, weeks feel like months when not eating or drinking anything. Yesterday I even thought of breaking up with my boyfriend, because his way of sabotaging my efforts on losing weight and stay away from sugar. I know he means well but he’s not stupid, he should understand that buying me chocolate bars is only damaging me, not making me happy. In the car eating all those chocolate bars, I was sad and happy at the same time, because I could see on my body already, those few days of eating so much what had done, my metabolism was too slow to handle.
If you Dry Fast for a prolonged period of time, remember your body will take at least 7/10 days to get back to normal, don’t eat too much of anything, or you’ll regret it – as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment