Wednesday 12 July 2017

Fasting and Social Life - How to manage it?


One of the difficult things to overcome when deciding to embark in a prolonged Fast is the social-life aspect. I’ve been struggling on completing properly my Dry/Water Fasts often for this reason; since my man is an always-hungry-foodie type of person and denying a dinner invitation all the times can be difficult.
One thing that I learned though is that I can work around the events somehow; at the end I go out to eat maybe one or two time per week. Of course that could be situations when I’m out of town for a road-trip or special events going on that I need to attend, but really this is not the usual schedule. I work 9-to-5 and I cannot afford to go out for lunch or dinner with friends every single day, plus I don’t find it really healthy anyway, at the end you never know how is the food served at those restaurants.
I always remind myself that, no matter if I eat or fast, time will pass and it’s up to me deciding if I really want to improve my health or find excuses not to. So look at your weekly schedule and plan a Fast around it; starting with 2/3 days of Dry or Water Fast is great as well, and I’m sure between weeks will happen to have more time to keep on going with the days. If anyone asks for lunch or dinner when you’re in the middle of your loving fast, well a regular excuse that I come always with is: “Sorry, I had a very long week and still need to catch up with some tasks/errands; let’s try the next one”. It might not work for everyone by all means – but it can give you some ideas.
I perfectly know how difficult can be starting a fast, thinking of not eating or drinking anything for days, but life’s made of priorities sometimes and, with trials & errors, everyone I’m sure, would be able to find some time to do a fast; even my boyfriend once was able to do a 2-days Water Fast! Unbelievable but true, he felt amazing after that, his belly too!
Good luck everyone on finding the time and mental preparation for this amazing journey of Fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment