Thursday 16 February 2017

Water Fast Day #3.5 - updates

It's Thursday today and pretty much during lunch time starts officially the fourth day of my Water Fast. So far I'm ok, just ok; I cannot say that I don't have cravings or not dreaming about food but I know that the first 2/3 days are usually the hardest one. After these days pass, then it's smooth sailing…or something like that.
I had a bad headache during the first 24 hours of fasting, maybe for the sugar withdrawal or just for the detoxing process, although I'm not really sure I was already "detoxing" during the first 24 hours of fasting. It was not a huge pain or anything like that, I still recall my first Water Fast – I had terrible headaches for 2 days! It was mostly for the coffee withdrawal though…and sugar too I guess, although I was not eating refined sugar anymore, only Stevia.
I'm having often hot water with lemon and sometimes I go to Starbucks to get a Passion Tango hot tea, it's 0 Calories and it's nice to have something warm looking at the snow outside. I usually try to drink distilled water, especially if I'm home; but if I'm in the office I drink either the filtered water that we have in the kitchen or the smart water brand that's vapour distilled, as I found out it's made by Coca Cola, but to me it taste delicious when at the right room temperature.
This morning I had only small traces of Ketosis and my weight is nicely going down, I am 58.7Kg which compared yesterday weight at 59.3Kg is a 600gr loss (1.32 pounds) – of course first days are easier on the scale since I'm releasing a lot of weight that comes from my GI tract; but once I'm a good Ketosis I'll be sure I'm also burning fats.

I'm planning to continue the Water Fast till all day tomorrow (Friday) and on Saturday I will break the fats with Bone Broth for the whole day. I'm not really happy to break my Fast but Sunday evening I have a dinner with my boyfriend and I know he cares a lot about this dinner so I don't want to be the bad one and ruin the plans….we didn't see each other for Valentine's Day so it's like a belated celebration. The reason why I'm not happy to take this break from my Fast is because being in Ketosis makes things easier to carry over, and the dinner will throw me out immediately of course….getting back in that phase will require another few days of strong willpower on not indulging in food and sweets. Oh well I hope I will find the strengths to start again my Water Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment