Tuesday 18 August 2015

Back in Ketosis

Here I am again, after almost 1 year since I started my Dr. Bernstein Diet Journey for the very first time. I guess it's not a surprise saying that I gained back all that I lost in my previous tentative with the Diet…..and some more!
Some updates: I joined a gym since December 2014, I'm trying to go regularly, but some weeks are better than others I would say, even though I always enjoy going and the after-feeling is rewarding every time.
I'm back on the strict since 2 weeks now; I did not lose much so far, maybe 3/4 pounds I guess. This time around I've lots of difficulties to give up my coffee addiction and all those cream, half and half, fat milk that go with it.
I learned that going on and off from the Diet makes you lose faith in the Diet itself, so I would not suggest doing that when possible. It's a strict and expensive Diet, it must to be taken seriously - otherwise it's just a waste of money, time and stress for the body.
I figured now how to be in ketosis easier, just removing completely the carbs from my daily food. No bread, no crackers….not that I ever had a lot anyway.
Being in Ketosis is a fundamental thing in this Diet; never ever underestimate the importance to be in Ketosis during this treatment.
If you follow the Diet, eating small amounts of food as prescribed, but you're not in Ketosis, sure as hell your metabolism is going to drop instantly – and there's nothing worse than a slow metabolism for whom is struggling to lose weight….or maintain it for that matter.
Being in a Ketogenic status means that your body is burning fat – which is what everyone wants – not only that, it guarantees you that your metabolism is running. In a very similar way, when you have lots of muscles your body burns fat even when you're sleeping, your metabolism is high and you don't gain weight.
A slow metabolism has opposite outcome…
It is for this reason that first thing in this Diet is: being in Ketosis. If you're not in Ketosis I would suggest you to try to remove all the carbs, change type of vegetables, don't eat sugar in any form (included fruits). This should not being seen as a punishment or anything – it is extremely important to guarantee that your body burns every day of your Diet, even if it's just a little.
This will be easier to understand when you will be off from the strict Diet and even an extra apple will make you gain weight. I had to pay (in many senses) this situation on my own skin, my metabolism is messed up and losing even 1 single pound is a struggle. Maintenance is a dream for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment