Friday 27 April 2018

Another Prolonged Fast - finally begins


I was finally able to start a new prolonged Fast this past Monday, not without difficulties I must to say; I tried and tried but I couldn’t stick to the fast not even for a day! Never happened before, I always had false attempts yes, but eventually I was always able to start fasting – actually quite often beginning with a Dry Fast.

I believe it was due to my high levels of stress; I’m sure I have adrenals fatigue in this period. I recently moved in my condo and the decision was forced by combination of events, so I had to plan everything very quickly. My mother’s surgery put on a lot of stress on me too, she was always nervous because of the surgery and being so far away did not help the overall situation.

Water Fast Day #1

The first day passed quickly and without any issue, not headache this time – and I’m really glad for that. I had some stomach growling but nothing major; I was also able to go to the gym at 6:00AM and feeling ok after (but I still had lots of glucose flowing all over my blood I’m sure). No BM today and I felt somehow bloated with lots of water retention…maybe my TOM?

Water Fast Day #2

The second day was not as easy as the first one. I had lots of stomach growling - I really felt hungry and thinking about food or to give up. But I was strong enough this time and I kept on fasting. I drunk only water these 2 first days, nothing else – actually I didn’t feel thirsty so didn’t drink much.

Fasting Day #3

On day three I started to drink decaf coffee with stevia and a bit of almond milk, lemon water and a couple of chamomile teas - no sugar, I use Stevia because I know does not affect my Ketosis. I was irritable all day, not able to focus much – here and there depression feelings, maybe a detox symptom or simply my TOM coming up. In the morning I was able to go to the gym though, not a great workout maybe but better than zero workouts!

Fasting Day #4

Day four I felt lazy and didn’t want to go to work, so I took a sick day. Working 7 days a week is tough on me, I need the money though so I have to be strong and keep going for now. I wanted to stay home, relax in bed for once – without the rush to be at work by 8:00AM or earlier. It was a beautiful sunny day so – around lunch time - I decided to take my scooter and visit a store I never been before, to check some furniture for my condo. It was a long drive, but I enjoyed. I didn’t feel hungry, just the coffee sometimes doesn’t agree with my empty stomach but I’m getting used to it. Sleep is still good.

Fasting Day #5

Today is the second visit with my dietitian – he gave me a meal plan to follow but I started fasting so didn’t actually follow his plan. I’m thinking on not telling him that I’m fasting, not everyone agrees with all the benefits from food abstinence. But maybe going forward I will tell him. As per today I will see him once a week to check my weight and how I’m doing. It keeps me accountable and my insurance covers for it so it’s practically free. I went to the gym this morning at 6:00AM, and this was the first day where I felt weak in my arms, lighter maybe with my weight but starting to feel some side effects of the Fast.

I still didn’t check my weight neither my ketosis. My dietitian will check the weight for me today (a week after first weigh in) and I might check my ketones in a couple of days, it usually takes me not less than 3 days to start burning fat. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment