Wednesday 17 September 2014

A good Wednesday with my Dr. Bernstein Diet

It's a good Wednesday today, since the scale signed 57 Kg this morning! I went to the clinic for my usual abdomen injection and they reported a loss of 1.6 pounds, great result. I'm in ketosis almost every morning; today I had with me my evening urine sample and the nurse said that I'm burning even at night after 2/3 hours dinner, which is a positive thing since is the excess fat that I want to lose and keep it away from my body. I feel great I have to say it, very weak maybe but great in terms of motivation. Who knew that I would only need to end my tomatoes addiction?! Now I see results every morning, I'm enjoying food a bit more because I know it's good and won't let me hold on my weight loss. I'm following the Diet religiously, I'm definitely always starving when I go to bed, but it's a strict diet and I knew this. I stopped at Longos after my visit at the clinic and I bought a bottle of water of 1.5L, it's big but it fits my purpose, I don't have to go to the kitchen every half hour to fill up my small 500 ml bottle with the freezing water that we have here in the office; plus I can control better how much I'm drinking. I've already had my 2L of water and it's not even 1PM.

Today I did an incredible "discovery"! Well at least it is for me, I like to believe so.

By mistake at Longos this morning I bought a box of - what looked like to me - sliced cucumbers, to discover, when I was already in the office, that they were sliced zucchini, oh well I said, I'll have it anyway, I always loved zucchini at the end. So I did some researches online to see if it was ok eating raw zucchini, and apparently it's great and the skin contains good antioxidants. Since I don't have anything here for cooking I put 10 slices of zucchini into a small plastic container and microwaved for about 1.5 minutes. The zucchini came out deliciously tasty and with the right softness. I loved it! I'm planning to use it as healthy snack when I'm craving something in the office. My theory is that when you can eat only 500/600 Calories per day then well everything tastes good. But knowing myself, I usually get bored of everything after having it for too long. I guess it's normal for many people; variety is the key, fascinating to me that animals can eat the same exact thing over and over again. But for now, zucchini is my best discovery snack for craving moments! The good thing is that when I'll be on maintenance I can have unlimited vegetables! Forget potatoes – it's not a miracle maintenance program…alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment